• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accountant Recommendations"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    >Cheers Mordac....is that another virtual fiver I owe you! :-)

Wahayyyy, more virtual dancing girls.

Leave a comment:

• Darren@UptonAccountants
    replied
    Acccountants

Cheers Mordac....is that another virtual fiver I owe you! :-)

PS...you're right, don't mention the footy, especially with Chelski coming up on Wednesday night!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Claire
    Can you recommend an IT Contractor Accountant to me please? I have been with Parasol Umbrella but have now set up a Ltd company and need a full accounting solution.

Regards
    Claire
    Hi Claire. Try Darren (www.1staccountancy.biz). He posts on here occasionally. I've just signed up (I'm also ex-Parasol, coincidentally) thanks to the recommendation of some others on this board.
    Don't mention the football though, he's a Geordie

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Claire
    replied
    Account Recommendation

Can you recommend an IT Contractor Accountant to me please? I have been with Parasol Umbrella but have now set up a Ltd company and need a full accounting solution.

Regards
    Claire

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Re: Accountant Recommendations

You’re quite right in hoping that people would recommend accountants that they get a good service from. But as you can see, it doesn’t go down very well. So nobody bothers.
    Well you used to promote you accountant at every opportunity tit but I notice you have been quiet of late - perhaps because the fees keep going up :lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Vetran - they are ooop north but the location is irrelevant - you do everything by post. Queries are handled by email/phone.

If you have complex accounting matters to discuss I'd suggest that you need something other than a normal "contractor accountant". having said that they've always answered my queries and I do stuff outside of standard contract work.

My monthly accounting duties are ...

Fill in an expenses sheet - excel or paper even if you prefer as you just print it anyway.
    Produce agency invoices (as usual) and make copies.
    Put expenses sheet/invoices/receipts/any old crap received from tax/vat man in envelope and post it.

You get back - payslips IR and VAT forms completed so all you do is write and post cheques or do transfers from business to personal accounts.

I spend maybe 20 minutes a month on it and 15 of those are walking to the postbox

Year end you just look over the prepared accounts you get sent, pretend to understand them, ask a couple of questions, then they produce final accounts and a completed payslip for Gordon to gloat over.

They will issue a divvi when you ask them to - you get back all the required rubbish needed - directors meeting minutes to sign, a divvi payslip etc. etc.

They may cut a deal but the price is low anyway so I doubt it. Download the application form - the contact details are on that.

On IR35 they just do the accounts they way you want - in/out - but reserve the right to charge extra if you declare out and then get nobbled so they have to be re-done - which seems fair enough to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Fiddle / Rhino - roughly where is your accountant based? I'm not happy with my present one but like him being local.

Also as you may know I'm not contracting full time at present will he do a special deal for single line accounts?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Go onto our site and download the application form for the accountant - all contact details are attached.

We earn a one-off fee of £50 for accountancy introductions - other accountants would pay us more ! The accountant doesn't spend money on marketing and relies primarily on referrals from existing clients for new introductions. Our commission costs you nothing but justifies us spending time answering questions on boring issues when we can. The planetit is correct about naming the accountant - we are proud of their service but we need the small commission and naming the accountant would be counter productive.

Fiddleabout, rhino and ************ try to give useful advice on tax and accountancy matters - we are not professionally qualified but have been contractors for a long time - hopefully our contributions have been of some use.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

:lol He can’t tell you that, because he wouldn’t get paid.

You’re quite right in hoping that people would recommend accountants that they get a good service from. But as you can see, it doesn’t go down very well. So nobody bothers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks fiddleabout, but who is it that you recommend?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Ignore antagoneyes - he's a miserable sod.

I'm one half of ************ Rhino is the other half - he also sometimes uses the ************ id to post.

We are both contractors and both do use the accountant we recommend We get a small introduction fee.

You will find accountants posting and advertising on here - all of the ones that do also offer a good service so far as I'm aware - one at the same cost as ours another at higher cost which presumably indicates some extra services (I'm not sure what - you'd have to check it all out to see what the extra £30 + VAT a month buys you).

Who you use is up to you.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Slightly unwelcoming I must say!
    :rollin

That's what I'm here for !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Slightly unwelcoming I must say!

I have read the thread and somewhere amongst the arguments I see that ************ say to go to ************.

I was hoping to see people recomend (or not!) the accountants that they use.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    So what were the recomendations?
    I don't think we can help you as you are obviously incapable of reading English.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    errr??

So what were the recomendations?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X