• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Close and Reopen a New Ltd"

Collapse

• TheDogsNads
    replied
    Originally posted by Henrik67 View Post
    Hi

Asking for a friend. I have been told that to separate oneself from any potential investigation re previous historical engagements (that did have IR35 contract reviews passed) it is recommended to close your ltd company and create a new one - there would be no tax advantage to this so isn't phoenixing, I don't think

Waste of time or valid approach? It's probably overthinking and belt n braces...

Thanks
    Martin
    Be aware that HMRC have the chance to object to the closing of any limited co before it is actually closed. So...........

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    No, that wasn't my friend that was me Independent things... I am just starting this gig and dont get paid till Aug so plenty of time to work out tax status - I have tried as hard as I can to get a Polish agency to include some IR35 friendly items in the contract....
    Just ask QDOS what the substitution notice period required is to pass the review. I'm surprised that they haven't suggested the amendment.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Is this related to your friend's QDOS review failing by any chance?
    No, that wasn't my friend that was me Independent things... I am just starting this gig and dont get paid till Aug so plenty of time to work out tax status - I have tried as hard as I can to get a Polish agency to include some IR35 friendly items in the contract....

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    I meant it wouldn't be done as a MVL, no personal or corp tax savings...
    Is this related to your friend's QDOS review failing by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Why is there no tax advantage?
    I meant it wouldn't be done as a MVL, no personal or corp tax savings...
    Last edited by Henrik67; 29 June 2020, 21:16.

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Because obviously avoiding IR35 means ...

Oh...
    Yeah avoiding being classed as inside is defo a tax advantage

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Oh...
    I was thinking more of the VAT advantages from opening a new company.

If you passed previous reviews then there isn't an issue. Keep your evidence and keep going.
    It's more of an issue if you haven't got any evidence of being treated as a contractor or failed a review and ignored it. Or rather, if your friend did....

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Oh...

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Hi

Asking for a friend. I have been told that to separate oneself from any potential investigation re previous historical engagements (that did have IR35 contract reviews passed) it is recommended to close your ltd company and create a new one - there would be no tax advantage to this so isn't phoenixing, I don't think

Waste of time or valid approach? It's probably overthinking and belt n braces...

Thanks
    Martin

Leave a comment:

• Henrik67
    started a topic Close and Reopen a New Ltd

Close and Reopen a New Ltd

Hi

Thanks
    Martin

Working...
X