• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SIPP Pension Initial Costs - IFA"

Collapse

• Freewill
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    £0 for interactive investor as well but they need some validated documents so it’s a pain. Thumbs up for HL.
    Just take their buylist recommendations with a pinch of salt.
    Third law firm to pursue Hargreaves over Woodford - FTAdviser.com

Leave a comment:

• foxes1884
    replied
    The monevator site has a broker comparison table, which is useful. They have a lot of stuff on index funds and costs which helped me with my SIPP. I went with ATS and recently got dragged over to II when they bought them out.

Compare the UK’s cheapest online brokers

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Sorry, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking of
    I don't think it warrants a pistol to the head. We already knew you were capable of getting it drastically wrong, so no harm done.

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Since giving up on II, I've had a rethink on where next.

Am thinking of opening the Vanguard SIPP when it's available (hopefully early 2020) and transfer existing pot to them. This will give me access to the Vanguard funds that would have been part of my portfolio.

Based on that fee, I still have some headroom compared to the annual fee II would have cost.

Then, open up a second SIPP elsewhere that's also a % based fee and invest new cash in non-VG funds/ETFs.

Youinvest, Close Brothers look good for this. May even hang on and see what the Freertrade SIPP looks like (not available yet, but they are recruiting for it so may not be far off).

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by WordIsBond View Post
    Really?

0.45% for the first £250K, 0.25% for the next £750K, 0.1% for the next £1M..
    Sorry, you're right. I don't know what I was thinking of

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I pay a max of £200 a year with HL as I use mainly shares rather than funds

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    I think HL have a maximum platform charge of about £450. Fund charges look quite low to me. You can get a Legal & General US tracker for 0.06%
    Really?

0.45% for the first £250K, 0.25% for the next £750K, 0.1% for the next £1M. I think it's £4K max but can't be bothered to make sure.

Yes, fund charges are low with HL.

Leave a comment:

• Cirrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Maslins View Post
    I wouldn't think someone was daft for sticking with HL despite higher charges.
    I think HL have a maximum platform charge of about £450. Fund charges look quite low to me. You can get a Legal & General US tracker for 0.06%

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Originally posted by sludgesurfer View Post
    ....if you choose to buy funds
    Yup, all of my SIPP is in funds.

Leave a comment:

• sludgesurfer
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    I Email iWeb a filled in version of their additional contributions PDF form for my ad-hoc contributions. For the signature page they do want a "real" sig though so print that one page off, sign, scan and attach to the EMail. I can live with that, the HL 0.45% platform fee would make a real dent into the SIPP compared with iWeb.
    ....if you choose to buy funds

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    I have a SIPP with Iweb also. All in all, pretty pleased. The only complaint I have is that to make any changes to employer contributions (including a one-off payment) requires sending in a form (e-mail may also be acceptable) whereas HL allows changes to be made online.
    I Email iWeb a filled in version of their additional contributions PDF form for my ad-hoc contributions. For the signature page they do want a "real" sig though so print that one page off, sign, scan and attach to the EMail. I can live with that, the HL 0.45% platform fee would make a real dent into the SIPP compared with iWeb.

Leave a comment:

• Maslins
    replied
    I have a SIPP with Iweb also. All in all, pretty pleased. The only complaint I have is that to make any changes to employer contributions (including a one-off payment) requires sending in a form (e-mail may also be acceptable) whereas HL allows changes to be made online.
    Yeah I recently had this with interactive investor. Wanted to change the amount of a monthly direct debit from employer into the SIPP (from/to same account, just amount changing). Only way they could do it was for me to cancel the existing direct debit, and hand complete a new mandate with revised amount to post to them. Did seem a bit rubbish given I thought a key benefit of direct debit was the recipient can easily amend the amount!

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    Thanks for that, my LTD typically pays in a regular monthly amount so hopefully, it'll be just 1 form to send back.

And, noticed that iWeb, Halifax sharedealing are part of the same group.

Leave a comment:

• sludgesurfer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Spoiler
    replied
    So ... II. The transfer process was getting painful so I've cancelled it and am ditching them

Back to looking at other providers now.
    The new Vanguard SIPP looks a good choice, but I may want to buy non-VF funds/ETFs

Would prefer a flat-fee over %, so looking at iWeb & Halifax I think.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X