• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Development Work Required"

Collapse

Guest replied
    What?

The limbs or the chainsaw?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Where were they made ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've got an electric chainsaw.

Does a lovely job on limbs...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Blaster you can have your collective hug when I've finished cutting Sandy's limbs off one by one with a chainsaw.

Outsource to India.... tut tut Sandy >:
    Now if I can just get this chainsaw started ....

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You may have to wait a while for the money of course.

My current record is 9 months.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Others are more qualified to answer that question, however, you can be working fulltime, subject to IR35, while doing other work which is not caught.

My day job (sorry assignment) is caught but I do other work for other parties that I put through my company and use for expenses, retain or distribute as dividends.

Each assignment has to be viewed on a case-by-case basis. Just because you might work for multiple parties does not in itself mean all your income is exempt from IR35.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    OrangeHopper,

Thanks for the advice - is there any truth in concurrency of contracts and IR35 avoidance?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Nothing other than the fact you know the company has engaged your services or purchased your deliverable via the normal internal procedures.

Before the talk of contracts etc. I also worked off the provision of a purchase order. You know then that the relevant manager has authorised the budget and accounts are aware.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Why ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    If your friend of a friend is running a company then it is worth getting a purchase order from them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Cheers Guys,

Is there any mileage in a contract - using it to proof concurrency with another contract and maybe avoiding IR35 or is this just cr"p.

FYI - Its snowing heavily in south hamsphire (8:00am 4/3/5)

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ..well actually if you know him and trust him, no I would say its not necessary. Only if you were to invest money in something would I do it, the worst and it is unlikely, is a lost months pay and you can lose that if your agency goes bust.

Do not however allow more than a months oustanding pay.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Mister Goof,

Thanks for that.

As you can tell I'm new to the whole process and although I have a LTD company I have always worked through any agency.

This piece of work is direct to the punter (who I have known for some time). Don't want to P him off but do you think it would be sensible to write out a brief contract just to include Duration, Rates etc.

Best Regards,

weemster

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Weemster

Unless your being paid in kind or real folding £ then just invoice and put it through your Ltd (you do have one?) as you would any other company income.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Guys, Guys, Guys,

I have been asked to do the work.

What is required on the contract?

also I assume I just invoice them and just include on Tax Return as normal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X