• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New Accounting firm"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    You also need to consider whether accountancy firm will offer free online portal/software (replacing excel) and ready to answer your questions quickly and accurately....
    You also need to consider whether the accountancy firm you choose has more than a rudimentary grasp of English.

Leave a comment:

• Chart Accountancy
    replied
    Originally posted by essjay2730 View Post
    First post on here but SJD have finally pushed me to the limit. I wont go in to specifics but broadly speaking I am underwhelmed by their service after 3 or 4 years with them. Mistakes, lack of responsiveness, excel spreadsheet book keeping, having to chase, expensive....to name but a few. I am therefore on the market for a new firm. I'm low maintenance, but I expect an accurate, responsive and pro-active approach to me and my company's accounts. I'd like a few suggestions please of a firm - large or small - that people would recommend.
    Statistics show that most people consider changing their accountant after 5 years, you appear to have come to the point where you want a fresh accounting service. Depending what you are looking for, but relying on recommendations doesn't mean you are going to choose the right accountant for you as most people don't find anything wrong with their accountants (and they shouldn't really if they are doing their job properly) it is a professional service. It is rather what you are looking for, if you want another high street contractor accountant,there a few to name.They would work in a similar fashion but likely to ask you to use online software. The bigger firms provide a more commercial service so you can only receive the service included. If you prefer a more personal service, a smaller practice will be able to offer this, for example if you have a query outside of the service, they would at least provide general information, where with the larger firms, you would be refused any communication unless you pay. You could contact a few firms and query what they offer, most companies will be happy to send you an email with their services, prices so you can compare.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Personally I have QDOS amazing! I am just about the use them for the second time and everything is being done very smoothly. They will even get a business bank account set up for you in a few days - it took LLoyds 8 weeks last year!

Leave a comment:

• Wijay@WISAccountancy
    replied
    Originally posted by essjay2730 View Post
    First post on here but SJD have finally pushed me to the limit. I wont go in to specifics but broadly speaking I am underwhelmed by their service after 3 or 4 years with them. Mistakes, lack of responsiveness, excel spreadsheet book keeping, having to chase, expensive....to name but a few. I am therefore on the market for a new firm. I'm low maintenance, but I expect an accurate, responsive and pro-active approach to me and my company's accounts. I'd like a few suggestions please of a firm - large or small - that people would recommend.
    You also need to consider whether accountancy firm will offer free online portal/software (replacing excel) and ready to answer your questions quickly and accurately....

Leave a comment:

• WordIsBond
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post
    There's a sticky up there ^^^

and also consider those who provide a lot of free advice on this very forum. [emoji4]
    A chance to assess the quality of that advice....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan @ BroomeAffinity View Post

and also consider those who provide a lot of free advice on this very forum. [emoji4]
    I don't know any that do that...

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    There's a sticky up there ^^^

Leave a comment:

• essjay2730
    started a topic New Accounting firm

New Accounting firm

Working...
X