• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CashPlus ok(with employers) for Financial Services contractors?"

Collapse

• kumarz
    replied
    thanks mate, sent

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
    We can carry it out over the phone for you?
    Drop me a message and I'll ask one of my team to call you.
    For future reference though, how much should this be expected to cost please?

EDIT: he was on about the CashPlus setup(which I am happy to do myself online), not the Fraud check(s).
    Last edited by kumarz; 22 February 2017, 17:12.

Leave a comment:

• Dan@OrangeGenie
    replied
    Originally posted by kumarz View Post
    heheh, its in my best interests to cover everything, but I do think I am missing something, just don't know what. The only thing vaguely dodgy I have done is to have bought and sold bitcoin using a personal bank account(and not often either).
    We can carry it out over the phone for you.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 22 February 2017, 16:31.

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    It can be something simple as receiving money from a relative through your UK bank account who is outside Western Europe.
    Transferwise ? Only thing I can think of(to trf pounds to dollars @ my own account in the US).

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post
    National Hunter uses Experian

I think there may be something you're not telling us.
    heheh, its in my best interests to cover everything, but I do think I am missing something, just don't know what. The only thing vaguely dodgy I have done is to have bought and sold bitcoin using a personal bank account(and not often either).

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by radish2008 View Post

"Our main role is to ensure all key stakeholders are working together to share data fairly, accurately, and effectively. To do this, our members use a system which is operated by our service provider Experian Decision Analytics. "

It can be something simple as receiving money from a relative through your UK bank account who is outside Western Europe.

Leave a comment:

• radish2008
    replied
    My original post says 'I've checked Noddle, Clearscore, Experian and they all show my Credit score is healthy and high. My CIFAS record seems clean too.' . Its just National Hunter that I haven't covered yet. And National Hunter require you to print a form out etc. (and no phone-in or online method) AFAIK. (re-checked your link+moneysavingexpert)

acc to my info:
    ------------------------------------
    Credit Ref agencies:
    Experian(Creditmatcher)
    Equifax(Clearscore)
    Call Credit(Noddle)
    Fraud Prevention Agencies:
    CIFAS
    National Hunter
    Experian Data Analytics
    Synectics Solutions

"Our main role is to ensure all key stakeholders are working together to share data fairly, accurately, and effectively. To do this, our members use a system which is operated by our service provider Experian Decision Analytics. "

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    to clarify ...

You can get your equifax, callcredit and experian credit records free.

Go over to the moneysavingexpert website. Somewhere if you click the tabs in the menu it will tell you how to do it.
    My original post says 'I've checked Noddle, Clearscore, Experian and they all show my Credit score is healthy and high. My CIFAS record seems clean too.' . Its just National Hunter that I haven't covered yet. And National Hunter require you to print a form out etc. (and no phone-in or online method) AFAIK. (re-checked your link+moneysavingexpert)

acc to my info:
    Credit Ref agencies:
    Experian(Creditmatcher)
    Equifax(Clearscore)
    Call Credit(Noddle)
    Fraud Prevention Agencies:
    CIFAS
    National Hunter
    Experian Data Analytics
    Synectics Solutions
    Last edited by kumarz; 22 February 2017, 15:36.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Yes been putting this off but willdo thanks! Shouldn't just rely on CIFAS
    You can get your equifax, callcredit and experian credit records free.

Go over to the moneysavingexpert website. Somewhere if you click the tabs in the menu it will tell you how to do it.

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    over the phone?

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
    We've recommended them for 2 years and never had a problem. We can even carry out the application over the phone, takes just 10 mins.

Happy to help.
    oh? I thought there's that SAR form which needs printing, then sent off with a £10 fee ? Just call their main number with my card info, u reckon?

Leave a comment:

• Dan@OrangeGenie
    replied
    We've recommended them for 2 years and never had a problem. We can even carry out the application over the phone, takes just 10 mins.

Happy to help.

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    yep cheers: National Hunter

@Kumarz there is an agency called National Hunter which banks and financial institutions also use to log things.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    @Kumarz there is an agency called National Hunter which banks and financial institutions also use to log things.

You should do a data subject access request with them to see if they hold any incorrect information on you linky

It can be something as simple as sending or receiving money from abroad via the banking system that got your account closed OR they could have someone else connected to your account who isn't you.

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    possibly but ...

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Could it be your address rather than you as a person?.
    Its a family home and we've owned(not rented) it for ages now(>10yrs): and other family members(bro, sis in law) are super super careful: I've not actually told them about these issues as they'd probably kill me Always a small probability of course.

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Maybe set up a separate registered office (some use their accountants for example when you're not allowed to run a business from a rented property).
    I've considered that, but the danger is that once my first bank application gets turned down/closed, that will live with the company for a while, even if I change address

Leave a comment:

• kumarz
    replied
    thx again for all the responses !

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
    It's definitely worth a shot. I believe Metro Bank have the quickest turnaround (three days) so probably worth a pop as well.
    Ta, think I'll just keep that Barclays application going for now as applying for too many accounts in a short period of time might not do the company any favours. Will post back to report on progress etc.

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Could it be your address rather than you as a person?

Maybe set up a separate registered office (some use their accountants for example when you're not allowed to run a business from a rented property).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X