• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Auto enrolment

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Auto enrolment"

Collapse

• kaiser78
    replied
    Originally posted by Wijay@WISAccountancy View Post
    Yes you can apply for exemption from pension regulation. You need to tell them your company is not a employer for pension regulation purposes via this link.
    https://automation.thepensionsregula.../notanemployer
    OP - your accountant will probably do this for you if you ask them nicely.

Leave a comment:

• Wijay@WISAccountancy
    replied
    Originally posted by bzh View Post
    Hi
    I and my wife are the sole directors in our company and withdraw salary as PAYE. we have no other employee.

Our staging date is in 2017. However I came across the following extract from the Pension Advisory page;

"
    If you are the sole director and you have no other staff working for you, the company does not have automatic enrolment duties.

If you believe you don’t have any automatic enrolment duties you will need to tell us that you’re not an employer.

If there are other staff working for the company, you will have automatic enrolment duties for them. What you need to do will depend on their ages and earnings

Our overall compliance approach is focused on educating and enabling employers to comply with the law. In the event that:

we were investigating a director-only company for a failure to carry out any of their automatic enrolment duties, and
    there is no written contract of employment or other evidence of an intention to create an employer/worker relationship, between the company and a director or directors"

Help please, do we need to or not?
    TIA
    Yes you can apply for exemption from pension regulation. You need to tell them your company is not a employer for pension regulation purposes via this link.
    https://automation.thepensionsregula.../notanemployer

Leave a comment:

• bzh
    started a topic Auto enrolment

Auto enrolment

Hi
    I and my wife are the sole directors in our company and withdraw salary as PAYE. we have no other employee.

Our staging date is in 2017. However I came across the following extract from the Pension Advisory page;

"
    If you are the sole director and you have no other staff working for you, the company does not have automatic enrolment duties.

If you believe you don’t have any automatic enrolment duties you will need to tell us that you’re not an employer.

If there are other staff working for the company, you will have automatic enrolment duties for them. What you need to do will depend on their ages and earnings

Our overall compliance approach is focused on educating and enabling employers to comply with the law. In the event that:

we were investigating a director-only company for a failure to carry out any of their automatic enrolment duties, and
    there is no written contract of employment or other evidence of an intention to create an employer/worker relationship, between the company and a director or directors"

Help please, do we need to or not?
    TIA

Working...
X