• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Virtual office needed..."

Collapse

• Wijay@WISAccountancy
    replied
    Originally posted by ammaar89 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been looking for a virtual office for a while now (one in Birmingham)...I'm hesitant to put my own address because I'm worried it may look unprofessional. What I need is mail handling/forwarding & a professional address. I've come across a company that does this for £30 per month. This seems relatively cheap to me...I mean I saw one for £50 per annum but I feel like that price is way too low to be 100% legitimate. And I guess you also pay for what you get.

I could also get a business phone number, but I don't think I need one at this moment in time...What are your thoughts? Any other services people recommend?

Cheers,

Few recommendations:
    1. Regus is pretty good with virtual office but pricy
    2. If you need to a land phone number - you can use telefonic or Vonage
    3. Registered address - you can buy for £100 per annum or just use yours (using yours does mean dealing with huge amount of junk mail )

Leave a comment:

• Bozwell
    replied
    If you are that bothered about appearances add a line to the beginning of your home address. Something like:

YourCompany House
    123 Street
    Bigtown
    AB1 2CD

The postie will deliver it as it has a number and postcode. You can call your 'premises' whatever you like.

Frankly I see no real benefit in paying even £30p/m for a different address.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    there's nothing wrong with using your home address as an office address for administration or client work. none of my customers have ever baulked at a home office setup nor questioned my companies professionalism. occasionally i need to meet prospective clients or agents and when that happens i meet either at their office or at a central location.

as director i questioned the cost to the company against the benefit and decided it wasn't in the companies interest to spend that kind of money.

Leave a comment:

• Alan @ BroomeAffinity
    replied
    i2office.co.uk. A bit expensive but does what you need. From memory around £40pcm.

Leave a comment:

• Dan@OrangeGenie
    replied
    Originally posted by ammaar89 View Post
    Hi guys,

I've been looking for a virtual office for a while now (one in Birmingham)...I'm hesitant to put my own address because I'm worried it may look unprofessional. What I need is mail handling/forwarding & a professional address. I've come across a company that does this for £30 per month. This seems relatively cheap to me...I mean I saw one for £50 per annum but I feel like that price is way too low to be 100% legitimate. And I guess you also pay for what you get.

I could also get a business phone number, but I don't think I need one at this moment in time...What are your thoughts? Any other services people recommend?

Cheers,
    Maybe a bit expensive but whenever I have needed this solution Regus have always delivered.

Leave a comment:

• ammaar89
    started a topic Virtual office needed...

Virtual office needed...

Hi guys,

Cheers,

Working...
X