• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting as a Bulgarian Company"

Collapse

• sal
    replied
    Legally you can use Bulgarian ltd. to operate in UK. In practice 99% of the contracts offered by agencies will refuse anything other than England&Wales registered ltd. Takes like 10min to set it up and costs as low as £20. You (presume you are Bulgarian yourself) don't need any visas or work permit to work in UK be it as an employee or through your own ltd.

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    A company pays tax where it is controlled. An individual pays tax where the work in performed.
    You might get away with it up to 183 days in the UK but not in the Netherlands or Switzerland.
    The problem is that if your company is controlled by you then the control moves with you.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    You'll struggle because of the off-shore intermediaries legislation. Unless there's anything special about you, agents will move onto the simplest option that they are familiar with.
    Which means they will ignore you unless you're something pretty unusual in which case you don't need agents.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    You'll struggle because of the off-shore intermediaries legislation. Unless there's anything special about you, agents will move onto the simplest option that they are familiar with.

Leave a comment:

• prozak
    replied
    It's an EU company. I see no problem.

Your only issue might be the ignorance of agencies that are scared of dealing with offshore companies. I know you are not offshore but agencies are not very clever.

Leave a comment:

• sultansaadat
    started a topic Contracting as a Bulgarian Company

Contracting as a Bulgarian Company

I am currently new to the UK contracting world. I have a Bulgarian company. I want to get contracts in the UK via the Bulgarian company. Is that possible? If yes, what about the work visa etc etc. If no, how can an EU company get contracts in the UK? Thanks.

Working...
X