• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Best Advice Your Elders Ever Gave You

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    We all know that too honey
    Aw, thanks SA.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog_Yoghurt View Post
      This little topic arose at a BBQ at the weekend.

I remember my late grandad saying to me when I was fourteen "[grandson]never get married unless you can afford the divorce".

Any little gems advice you remember you're elders saying to you years ago?
      Just read this fully. Advice on divorce? Aged 14? Has your family ever appeared on the Jeremy Kyle show?

Speaking of such shows, I know someone who applied to be in the audience for the lamentable Kilroy! show. The audience and trailer trash "guests" were positively plied with booze, to get the rancour and shouty crackers atmosphere flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by richard-af View Post
        The audience and trailer trash "guests" were positively plied with booze, to get the rancour and shouty crackers atmosphere flowing.
        Ferals don't need alcohol to behave in a rowdy and inappropriate manner. They probably just gave them orange squash in empty Stella cans.

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
          Ferals don't need alcohol to behave in a rowdy and inappropriate manner. They probably just gave them orange squash in empty Stella cans.
          Wine, actually. Bottles and bottles of it. All gone in about 20 minutes.

Comment

"There is no such word as 'can't'"

????

Comment

Originally posted by r0bly0ns View Post
              "There is no such word as 'can't'"
              ????
              No, but there is a variation of the word you get by replacing one vowel and removing the apostrophe, that has many uses in a variety of scenarios.

Comment

thats the worst swear word ever...... to be used only in extreme circumstances and in connection with ex husbands only!!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  thats the worst swear word ever...... to be used only in extreme circumstances and in connection with ex husbands only!!
                  I think IR35 trumps it.

Comment

yeah ok - maybe you have got me there
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

My old auntie had a few I can remember:

If they are talking behind your back, they are talking to your arse.

They may be as good as you, but no better!

What is for you, will never pass you by!

My dad had a good one:

You come on my land with a gun, expect to get shot with it!

he was a wise man my old dad...RIP!
                      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Working...
                      X