• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Riddles

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver
    Water level would remain the same, the displacement created by the hull of the boat would decrease to the same volume as the diplacement created by volume of the rock.
    <Roy Walker>It's good but it's not right</Roy Walker>

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin
    Here's a good brainteaser

You're standing in a small boat on a small pond and also in the boat is a large heavy rock. You pick the rock up and chuck it in the water and it quickly sinks to the bottom.

Does the water level on the pond rise, fall or stay the same?
    Water level would remain the same, the displacement created by the hull of the boat would decrease to the same volume as the diplacement created by volume of the rock.
    in a perfect world that is

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin

You're standing in a small boat on a small pond and also in the boat is a large heavy rock. You pick the rock up and chuck it in the water and it quickly sinks to the bottom.

I was asked this at a job interview!!! I stammered and stuttered for 10 mins...and got it wrong...only just tho

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    St John's Wood?
    you cheating hound!!!

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyajae
    St John's Wood?
    Yep.

Also, it is the only station with no letters from the word "blackberry" or "paperclip" or "algebra".

Oxford Circus is the only station with no letters from the word "wavelength".

Russel Square is the only station with no letters from the word "photocopying".

etc.

Leave a comment:

• Kyajae
    replied
    St John's Wood?

Leave a comment:

• Burdock
    started a topic Riddles

Riddles

I don't know how famous this is. I heard it at Uni in the days before t'Net, and it took me a couple of weeks (not continuous!) scouring the A-Z...

What is the only London underground station that does not contain any of the letters from the word 'mackerel' in its name?!

If this is solved within 2 weeks I assume someone has cheated!!

Working...
X