After 20 years of working in the industry the changes that are coming in are for me the straw that breaks the camel's back and I feel that a great many skilled contractors who provide far more than just a bum on a seat when they contract to an end client are being demonised by the huge companies that use our services.

The fact end clients are being so blase regarding adopting a blanket inside approach and the no rate change policy to those being dragged inside is just a classic example of "let's all f**k them over and they can't do anything about it". I for one hope that enough contractors stick 2 fingers up to said clients and we can sit back and watch as they struggle to resource their IT projects. Unfortunately, though due to mortgages ... I think too many contractors will just suck up the loss and move to inside.

The thought of going perm and becoming a number fills me with dread and the thought of using an umbrella company is pretty much on par too, so trying to decide whether to try and find another job doing something different. Hell, I've even considered becoming a tax driver if it means I can still operate my own business.

So what are you planning?