• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT/loan schemes managed by Montpelier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MMSguru View Post
    Ah, finally found the right thread! Is this the only reason MP users haven't received APNs for 08/09 onwards?
    It would appear so MG. Little back from Monty on the subject. Only 'not been challenged yet'. Like sun-bathing in a mine field.

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
      It would appear so MG. Little back from Monty on the subject. Only 'not been challenged yet'. Like sun-bathing in a mine field.
      Ok, thanks TGE. I think this is good news.
      http://notoretrotax.org.uk

Comment

Does anyone know where us pre-Dec 2010 lot stand with regards to Inheritance Tax (IHT) on these loans? Is that a nightmare within a nightmare?

Comment

Originally posted by the great escape View Post
          Does anyone know where us pre-Dec 2010 lot stand with regards to Inheritance Tax (IHT) on these loans? Is that a nightmare within a nightmare?
          First I have heard of that. It just get's worse. What is this about IHT? Has anyone been written to about 2008/2009 ?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
            First I have heard of that. It just get's worse. What is this about IHT? Has anyone been written to about 2008/2009 ?
            I think it's something to seek advice from Monty on. I will try to contact this week to find out.

Comment

big group ?

so NTRT doing a fab job with the BN66 stuff ...but for the loan scheme with MTM ... should we be joining the BIG GROUP .. or stick with MTM ?

Comment

I'm joining 'Big Group' now just in case Monty go belly up at some point in the future. I don't want to find that the Big Group drawbridge is up at that stage. Should the brown stuff not actually hit the fan then I will have helped others shaft it to Hector , it's small change at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
                  I'm joining 'Big Group' now just in case Monty go belly up at some point in the future. I don't want to find that the Big Group drawbridge is up at that stage. Should the brown stuff not actually hit the fan then I will have helped others shaft it to Hector , it's small change at the moment.
                  What is the Big Group doing?

Has anyone with MtM on the loan scheme had a letter about it? As in any kind of investigation letter?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyer View Post
                    What is the Big Group doing?

Has anyone with MtM on the loan scheme had a letter about it? As in any kind of investigation letter?
                    'BIG GROUP is ONE GROUP across ALL schemes.

It does not impact action individuals may wish to take on their own or via other groups.'

See here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2085724

I've had nothing other than being put under enquiry. Not even a letter about the settlement opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRarebit View Post
                      'BIG GROUP is ONE GROUP across ALL schemes.

It does not impact action individuals may wish to take on their own or via other groups.'

See here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2085724

I've had nothing other than being put under enquiry. Not even a letter about the settlement opportunity.

Enquiry for what year or years? If you don't mind me asking. Reason I ask all this is none of the others I know that did the loan scheme have had anything, but all done for been on the income scheme upto 2008.

Comment

Working...
                      X