• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the same boat

Just returned home to a pile of post, including this note of joy from the HMRC. Went through the doom and gloom phase then found the excellent advice through this thread and contacted Michelle at Edge. It seems clear that the HMRC approach is keep their demand options open avoiding time limitations, this may be a fishing exercise pending full outcome of the Rangers case. Will copy these thread details to other 'Edgers'.

Comment

Hat into the ring

Hi guys, I was with edge 08/09 and received my letter about 10 days ago. Called edge and had the usual conversation.

Sent appeal letter back last Thursday, special delivery. Hopefully will receive a confirmation this week. Fingers crossed! Don't fancy selling the house.

Last edited by Runcorn; 7 March 2013, 09:21.

Comment

In the same boat

Hi All,

Please add me to the list.
        I have received notice of assessment last week.
        Found this forum thread helpful as has alleviated some of the initial stress!

I have just emailed Michelle Booth at Edge for advise.

Comment

Add Me

Add me to the list as well.

Already received the response from HMRC against the Appeal I sent.
          They have postponed it for now and are further looking into the matter.

Comment

Hi All,

have sent off the appeal last week on tuesday, and a repeat on tuesday of this week, both recorded delivery. Not heard a thing from HMRC, no acknowledgement letter or postponement. Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

Originally posted by out of the frying pan View Post
              Hi All,

have sent off the appeal last week on tuesday, and a repeat on tuesday of this week, both recorded delivery. Not heard a thing from HMRC, no acknowledgement letter or postponement. Anyone else in the same boat?
              If its recorded delivery, you are okay, I suspect MASSIVE mail bag at HMRC, did they expect everyone to simply agree with them? lol
              http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Where should I post the appeal letter to?

Can anyone confirm the address to post the letter? is the below correct?

Miss L J Stopp
                Local Compliance
                Personal & CGT Compliance
                Chailey House
                Cardington Road
                Bedford
                MK42 0YS

Comment

Ex-Edger

Hi,

As an "ex-Edger", I'd just like to throw my hat into the ring....

I was contacted in November 2012 regarding my 2010-2011 return, and asked to provide details of loans received. With Edge's help, I wrote back providing the details. I received an acknowledgement in January 2013 stating that the details had been received and that I may be contacted again in the future.

So far, I've received nothing else since.

Comment

Here is a copy of latest communication from Edge

Good afternoon,

Over the past few days some of you have had additional correspondence from HMRC in the form of a Self Assessment Statement which reflects a value as an “overdue amount”. These statements all seem to have been sent within a few days of the original ‘08/’09 tax demand letters and were issued well before any appeal letters could have reached HMRC.

The value reflected in this latest correspondence includes the amount HMRC assessed in the original demand letter as well as interest which they have applied as of the 31st of January 2010 (when your self assessment for the ‘08/’09 period would have been due for filing).

As these letters were issued in conjunction with the original tax demand, they are simply a statement of the written letter you have already received. If you have not yet had a response from HMRC regarding your appeal letter, please wait a few more days as HMRC will respond to all of your appeals, they are more than likely inundated with queries themselves as they have issued 30,000 of these demands so it is no surprise there is a delay at their end.

For your reference, I have attached an example of the statement you are likely to receive and an example of the response to the appeal letters. Provided you have already sent your appeal letter to HMRC, you do not need to do anything further off the back of either the statement or HMRC’s reply to your appeal letter, these are both standard responses from HMRC.

I trust this helps and keeps you updated on the position. I will of course be in contact again if there are any further developments.

Kind regards,

<name removed>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    the attached letters are exactly whats described in the communication above.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Billy View Post
                      Hi,

As an "ex-Edger", I'd just like to throw my hat into the ring....

I was contacted in November 2012 regarding my 2010-2011 return, and asked to provide details of loans received. With Edge's help, I wrote back providing the details. I received an acknowledgement in January 2013 stating that the details had been received and that I may be contacted again in the future.

So far, I've received nothing else since.
                      Hi,

Could you provide a template for what you send regarding that letter? I've had the same and struggling to put mine together.

Regarding edge's recommended response for the 08/09 letter has anyone noticed it doesn't explicitly request a postponement of the tax due which the letter states we must do if we are challenging the demand.

Comment

Working...
                      X