• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone appealed the Nov/Dec letter and heard back?

I appealed weeks ago but not heard anything and my SA page hasn't been updated with the figures removed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
      Anyone appealed the Nov/Dec letter and heard back?

I appealed weeks ago but not heard anything and my SA page hasn't been updated with the figures removed

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
      I got my letter in Nov, appealed, and got acknowledgement in late Dec.

Comment

Got my 09/10 letter at the end of Nov. I appealed pretty soon afterwards. Didn't get an acknowlegdement soon after and still haven't. Called hmrc and they confirmed that they got my appeal letter but because they have been overwhelmed with appeal letters, its taking them time to acknowledge everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by greddy View Post
          Got my 09/10 letter at the end of Nov. I appealed pretty soon afterwards. Didn't get an acknowlegdement soon after and still haven't. Called hmrc and they confirmed that they got my appeal letter but because they have been overwhelmed with appeal letters, its taking them time to acknowledge everyone.
          Same here!

Comment

09/10 Appeal receipt received from HMRC without having to contact them after initial appeal letter.

Happy New Year all.

Comment

10/11 SA

Has anyone received a letter for 10/11? HMRC is treating the TOTAL 'loan' among up to the year as the 'other income' for the year 10/11. Hence, a VERY large among of under paid tax.

Comment

Originally posted by K W View Post
                Has anyone received a letter for 10/11? HMRC is treating the TOTAL 'loan' among up to the year as the 'other income' for the year 10/11. Hence, a VERY large among of under paid tax.
                Yes, I received a letter for 2010/2011, they have ignored the benefit equivalent and taken the whole outstanding loan as earnings for the year. This has to be totally wrong as they did not do the same for the previous years 08/09 and 09/10. I rang HMRC and they said this it was an actual amount, so have written a letter to challenge this.

Steve

Comment

EBTs and Divorce cases

Hi,
                  I wonder if anyone can advise on my standing for the ebt loan debt and suspended tax demand in relation to financial settlement in a divorce.

I have to put together a financial agreement with my partner, but don't want to find that I have hand over half the assets only to find that I become liable for significant debt if HMRC is successful.
                  Also, is the loan debt itself likely to need to be taken into account?

Any help or direction appreciated,

Phaedridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaedridge View Post
                    Hi,
                    I wonder if anyone can advise on my standing for the ebt loan debt and suspended tax demand in relation to financial settlement in a divorce.

I have to put together a financial agreement with my partner, but don't want to find that I have hand over half the assets only to find that I become liable for significant debt if HMRC is successful.
                    Also, is the loan debt itself likely to need to be taken into account?

Any help or direction appreciated,

Phaedridge.
                    whatever settlement you reach you will not be able to revisit it as a result of things changing. You need toconsider these implications in the settlement.

you can of course try and include the loan. They or there advisers might accept it.

I assume you are hoping for something like there is 100k of assets and 80k of ebt loan so I will offere half of the 20k.

Contingent liabilities make for dificult settlements. Wikivorce may be a resasonable place try for some rational advice. Hopefully you will both be able to work something out.

Comment

Group representation

If you have any desire to pursue group representation please

Request PM (private message) access if you don't already have it. You can post a request or contact the admins via this page: http://forums.contractoruk.com/sendmessage.php

PM TheDandy here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/priva...=newpm&u=39502
                      PM Saleos here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/priva...=newpm&u=41765

then make a decision if you have interest in one or both of the groups and if you are willing to foot the likely costs and advise the organiser(s) accordingly

Simply posting a desire to join a group will not achieve anything.

Sorry for the repetition but I want to ensure latecomers are informed

GS

Comment

Working...
                      X