• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    That does make more sense now! I checked through some of my old emails though and the telephone number for Edge was different, it was 0845 287 0400 and it's that one that no longer works! The other number I posted previously is Redstone's number and it's different though also an 0845 number

Comment

Tribunal

If/when this gets to a tribunal, HMRC will be represented by top notch tax barristers and their case will have been meticulously prepared. HMRC do not skimp when it comes to legal representation.

Whoever gets selected as a test/lead case will need equally good representation (and deep pockets).

The recent judgment in Philip Boyle -v- HMRC is a prime example of how complex these cases can be and how much preparation is required.
      http://www.contractorumbrella.com/si...es/TC03103.pdf

Having a decent fighting £fund should be top of the agenda.
      Last edited by DonkeyRhubarb; 13 December 2013, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by K12AN View Post
        Has anyone heard back from the HMRC yet after the latest appeals?
        I sent my latest appeal (copy of first appeal letter as provided by Michelle) 21st Nov and got an acknowledgement yesterday.
        It's much the same as the first reply: thank you for your appeal.... appeal noted and postponement agreed......my view remains funds are taxable....will consider any further evidence....you may wish to provide details of the sums...will write again when I have completed my review....etc.

Comment

I am Interested in attending the seminar

Dear Michael

I would like to attend your seminar, please include me in your invitation list

Also, where can I find a letter which outlines how to appeal the demand with reasons outlined
          My email is [email protected]

Kind regards

Ramzan

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post

To that end I held a promising call earlier this week with someone who has access to several hundred former employees. I hope to be able to persuade them to disseminate information about my offering thus potentially significantly increasing participation and therefore reduce the contribution required of each of you.

Saleos, I see you have issued your proposal today, did you manage to progress getting the info out to ex-Edge employees as per the above?

ie how likely are you to meet the minimum numbers required to allow your offering to be feasible?

Comment

Copy of Appeal letter required

Originally posted by Tweedle View Post
              I sent my latest appeal (copy of first appeal letter as provided by Michelle) 21st Nov and got an acknowledgement yesterday.
              It's much the same as the first reply: thank you for your appeal.... appeal noted and postponement agreed......my view remains funds are taxable....will consider any further evidence....you may wish to provide details of the sums...will write again when I have completed my review....etc.

Hi

Can someone send me a copy of an appeal letter template outlining the reasons why i think the HMRC are incorrect for my appeal to use in the first instance - i just received my letter a week ago

Thanks
              Ramzan

Comment

more info required

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
                I have today circulated details of my proposal to those on this forum who had emailed me directly with their personal email address.

If you have not received that and wish to be sent a copy of my proposal, including costs and the services included, please DM me with the email address to which I should it.

Many thanks

Saleos
                Hi, Im new to this thread, ex -'Edge' like the rest of us, and not sure how to email Saleos directly ... I obviously don't want to quote my personal email address to the world.

<admin note>I have now enabled PM access on your account so you can use this system to contact other people on here without revealing your email address.</admin note>

Comment

Fighting fund

I guess you need to be thinking in terms of 6-figures.

We raised £xxx,xxx with NTRT through our website:
                  No To Retrospective Taxation | Campaign Against Retrospective Tax Legislation

We signed up several hundred members with a minimum donation of £200; many voluntarily paid more than this.

You can never have too much money when taking on the HMRC. The best QCs don't come cheap.

Comment

Appeal letter

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                    I guess you need to be thinking in terms of 6-figures.

We raised £xxx,xxx with NTRT through our website:
                    No To Retrospective Taxation | Campaign Against Retrospective Tax Legislation

We signed up several hundred members with a minimum donation of £200; many voluntarily paid more than this.

You can never have too much money when taking on the HMRC. The best QCs don't come cheap.

Where can I find a copy of an appeal letter?

Comment

Originally posted by ramzanamin View Post
                      Where can I find a copy of an appeal letter?
                      Can someone else respond as I'm not involved with Edge or any other ebt/loan schemes.

The appeal letter seems to crop up all the time so it would be worth having it in an easy place to find.

Comment

Working...
                      X