• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM Rights

Admin, can you please give me PM rights to contact members!

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
      Would it not be possible if all the individuals whom are potentially organising group representation, to merge so we all come under one represented group action, I think this would be the best position to be in for all parties?
      Thoughts / Comments?
      In an ideal world this would definitely be the case. United we stand and all that. To that end I have emailed TheDandy to see if he is willing to contact Saleos to 'compare notes'.

That said, there may be two differing strategies pursued and what may be right for one of us may not suit someone else.

At this stage let's encourage (careful) communication and see what evolves. Once things are more defined we can make decisions.

GS

Comment

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/h...avoidance-case

FYI

Comment

Group representation in hmrc disputes

Please see post #455 and PM me if you have any questions as this is not a black and white matter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
            In an ideal world this would definitely be the case. United we stand and all that. To that end I have emailed TheDandy to see if he is willing to contact Saleos to 'compare notes'.

That said, there may be two differing strategies pursued and what may be right for one of us may not suit someone else.

At this stage let's encourage (careful) communication and see what evolves. Once things are more defined we can make decisions.

GS

I'm still unsure as to whether defending this via a number of different Groups from a number of different angles would be allowed/contemplated/worthwhile?

Comment

Originally posted by ScottW View Post
              I'm still unsure as to whether defending this via a number of different Groups from a number of different angles would be allowed/contemplated/worthwhile?
              Agree.

Comment

So HMRC are celebrating. They've proved contractors are not Tax experts and are daft to believe the advice of Tax barristers who review schemes marketed to us as ways to avoid worrying about IR35 and are confirmed by these "experts" as entirely legitimate and acknowledged by HMRC as compliant with all necessary legislation.....
                Should we stop investing in ISAs? Currently a legitimate way to minimise payment of tax, but will they change their minds on that in the future, have we been equally daft to believe the IFA "experts" who've sold us these?

I've had various views from "experts" on the meaning of this cases outcome - it was an entirely different set up to Edge, but HMRC would have us all believe its a decider for all EBT schemes....the date of the Rangers (Murray holdings) case has been set for 24th Feb, I'm told, so let's see what that brings.

Comment

Hi

Posted my (brief) appeal letter re 2009/10 demand today. Lots of useful advice on here, much appreciated, but must confess to being quite confused with the technical arguments.

Can I have PM rights please Admin?

And again, please count me in for any group representation as well as the seminar suggestion in London some posts back

all the best

Comment

Originally posted by NLSE1 View Post
                    Hi

Posted my (brief) appeal letter re 2009/10 demand today.
                    can i ask what you wrote to HMRC?

Comment

Group Action

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the group, who is the best person to contact to discuss group action?

I received a letter a couple of weeks ago and will send my appeal letter in the next few days.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X