• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A late entrant to this

Hi, well I can't be the last to join this thread, but I too have received an assessment for 2009/10.

I see there were plans to put together a group approach on this, but there's a big gap between about April/May and now. Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Comment

2009/10 demands

Hello all. It would appear that the demands for tax year 09/10 are coming through.

I've emailed Edge for an update but until I hear back the best advice I can give is that if you intend to appeal get your reply in quickly. I will include a template that was supplied by Edge for the 08/09 appeal below.

The Dandy was looking at group representation in April/May, so I will let him/her communicate any information on that front.

For now, read (or reread) this thread again, contact Edge if you need to and if you want to appeal here is the template. Please update the necessary fields and double check carefully. I'm not sure if the letters will be from Miss L J Stopp

Miss L J Stopp
      Individuals & Public Bodies
      PO Box 186
      Bootle
      L30 4WN
      United Kingdom

Date date of your appeal
      Your ref HMRC Reference number that you rec’d on your inquiry letter
      NI Number Your NI Number

Dear Miss Stopp,

I am writing to formally notify my appeal against an additional tax liability of [£XXXX.XX] assessed for the tax reporting period 2009/2010 which has arisen from an outstanding beneficial loan balance.

During the 2009/2010 tax period, I was employed by Edge Consulting Limited in the capacity of an [“Your job role”]. My services were outsourced to an end client for an arranged fee and I was remunerated by way of an agreed salary. At this time, profit that Edge Consulting Limited generated from the outsourcing of its employees was settled into an employee benefit trust of which its employees and I as such an employee, became beneficiaries. The employees were then able to periodically request funds from the trust, this was a request made to the trustees who, at their discretion, would advance funds to the employee from the trust. The funds were paid to the employees as a loan, these loans did not attract an interest rate and were therefore regarded as beneficial to the employee. The loans have always been treated as beneficial by Edge Consulting Limited and my P11D documents support this. Furthermore, these loans all remain outstanding and can be recalled by the trustees at any time.

In consideration of the above, the outstanding EBT loan values should not be treated as income and only the relevant benefit-in-kind tax should apply. This benefit-in-kind denoted in the P11Ds should have been collected through subsequent adjustments of my PAYE tax code.

I trust this should prove sufficient at this stage.

Yours sincerely,

[“Your Name”]
      Last edited by GoneSouth; 21 November 2013, 00:25. Reason: Updated address

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeSter View Post
        The Dandy had been trying to get a group of people together so we could split the cost of representation. Maybe when people have there second letter hit the door mat they'll get in touch with him so we can get the ball rolling as a group!!! rather than people hoping that this is just going to go away... cuz its not...
        I agree with you, EdgeSter. I'd urge anyone who is seeking to follow-up the group representation approach to contact TheDandy by PM. Tackling this as a group makes much more sense, but this needs people to make a bit of an effort to get things rolling and TheDandy has been very kind to give of their time so far.
        "No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores."

Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Ritchie v CIR CS 1929 14 TC 754, Lord Clyde.

Comment

Can't contact Edge

I tried sending emails to the edge email address, but they've bounced. Does anyone have current contact details for them or their representatives? I must say I feel rather alone in this at present, so any help gratefully received.

Comment

Originally posted by Living life on the Edge View Post
            I agree with you, EdgeSter. I'd urge anyone who is seeking to follow-up the group representation approach to contact TheDandy by PM. Tackling this as a group makes much more sense, but this needs people to make a bit of an effort to get things rolling and TheDandy has been very kind to give of their time so far.
            Sorry, am new to this - can you advise how I can PM?

Comment

Originally posted by Hubdub39 View Post
              I tried sending emails to the edge email address, but they've bounced. Does anyone have current contact details for them or their representatives? I must say I feel rather alone in this at present, so any help gratefully received.
              I can't reach them either, their e-mail address is returning a permanent delivery failure error.
              Does anybody can advise how to contact them please?

Comment

Edge no longer trading in the UK

I left a message with Michele Booth who, to her credit, called back very promptly indeed.

Edge has ceased trading in the UK and Michelle no longer acts in any form of representative capacity. Her opinion - as she clearly can't offer formal advice any more - is that appeals should be lodged (including payment postponement request) using the templates already available here. She also gave me the contact details for an accounting company that seems to be a bit of a factholder here.

As I'm new to the thread, I'm not sure if I can publish those details here, but am happy to take PM's. If Admin could advise if I can post the details here, I'd be most grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubdub39 View Post
                  Sorry, am new to this - can you advise how I can PM?
                  Just sent you a PM! Check in 'Notifications' under the top banner

cheers

LLOTE
                  "No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, so to arrange his legal relations to his business or to his property as to enable the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores."

Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Ritchie v CIR CS 1929 14 TC 754, Lord Clyde.

Comment

PM rights please

I've been lurking for a while on this thread - and I would like to thank everyone for their comments and thoughts throughout. They have been a good source of information, and a small degree of comfort.

What's drawn me to finally comment is the news what Edge are no longer around to help us. Yes, Michele Booth is answering calls, but now in a reduced capacity, and people whom worked for Edge now have nowhere to officially turn. I can only see this as a bad thing.

Could a kindly mod please give me pm rights please?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Edge Resourcing seem to have scarpered!!!

Originally posted by kincaide View Post
                      What's drawn me to finally comment is the news what Edge are no longer around to help us. Yes, Michele Booth is answering calls, but now in a reduced capacity, and people whom worked for Edge now have nowhere to officially turn. I can only see this as a bad thing.

Yeah its worries me too that Edge are no longer trading in the UK. Seems like there reducing there liability to me. Only wish we could do something similar!!!

Looks like we're on our own Boys and Girls!!!!!!

cheers
                      EdgeSter

Comment

Working...
                      X