• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerbera View Post

I called back and the chap said the call related to APN's and to confirm i'd received them. At that point I had not so he forwarded them by email.

y.
    Then probably not valid.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      Then probably not valid.
      Hi Webberg. In what way?

Comment

Originally posted by bluemonkey71 View Post
        What did they say when you rang them up?
        Morning all,

I'm in a position to pay the entire APN amounts, however this will leave me very financially exposed. I was proposing to suggest a lump sum followed by 12 monthly payments to clear the amount.

Has anyone managed to negotiate payment terms?

I rang them up and they seemed happy with 50% by the APN due date and the rest over 12 monthy installments
        Still awaiting the paperwork confirmation though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Swanson View Post
          I rang them up and they seemed happy with 50% by the APN due date and the rest over 12 monthy installments
          Still awaiting the paperwork confirmation though.
          Thanks

Comment

Hi Webberg. In what way?
            Probably not "delivered" unless you have consented to receive material via email.

Wait 85 days from the original issue date and then tell them.

damn - that's £100 guineas please. (I'll waive the VAT)

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
              Probably not "delivered" unless you have consented to receive material via email.

Wait 85 days from the original issue date and then tell them.

damn - that's £100 guineas please. (I'll waive the VAT)
              Do you take a cheque? ;-)

I gave my email address (stupidly)

Comment

How long have people had to wait between the APN notice letter and the actual APN?

I received the notice back in April yet I've not had the APN yet.

Comment

Do you take a cheque? ;-)

I gave my email address (stupidly)
                  HMmm.. may not be "delivered" in the in the sense of section 219 FA 2014 which says

(1) HMRC may give a notice ...

Much judicial brain power has been spent on "give" and the advent of electronic mail has not helped.

Giving HMRC your email address and agreeing to be served notice by email are different things.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by DKB View Post
                    How long have people had to wait between the APN notice letter and the actual APN?

I received the notice back in April yet I've not had the APN yet.
                    Can vary.

looking at my records anywhere from 3 days to 6 months.

The pre warning is not a legal requirement anyway, just a device to add pressure on you to pay.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Received calculations from hmrc today for settlement. Actual sum doesn't seem so bad. Payable. Add on the interest and it gets a bit steep. Some gibberish I have no understanding of about inheritance tax and the sum becomes stupid.

What's all this inheritance tax about?

Dunno about everybody else in this position but hmrc seem to be going out of their way to make settlement impossible.

The above was the first stupid question. Now for the next.

Companies buy and sell debt. Banks, insurance, debt collectors.

What's to stop my limited company I now contract through buying my personal debt and being responsible for it or paying it?

Comment

Working...
                      X