• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doranmik View Post
    Hi,
    Q: once you have received your APN - is that game over or can you appeal against it and hope that any bill / law change doesn't go through?
    Thanks and apologies for naivety - just picking up the pace on all this!
    Naivety or laziness? How about looking around the forum before asking redundant questions http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post2100921
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Hi,
      Please could I have PM access.
      Many thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by kloot View Post
        Hi,

Just received my APN, for 4 years working for Edge. Looks like a judicial review is the best option. Is anyone else thinking this?

PM me please.
        What years did you receive these for?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayr4ofen View Post
          Hi

Just had a call from HMRC to make sure i have received an APN
          asked why the APN is a lot less than the settlement offer (and it is not just the interest) but he had no idea
          Has anybody else seen a large discrepancy between the APN and the SO ?
          Had a APN reduced by £5k - this was due to them including the benefit in kind on the re-assessment.

But they only did this for one out of 3 APNs. Why would they do this if the calculations were exactly the same. Bunch of idiots.
          There would have been no chance of getting that back if i'd settled.
          Last edited by gettingangry; 11 June 2015, 21:00.

Comment

Originally posted by gettingangry View Post
            Had a APN reduced by £5k - this was due to them including the benefit in kind on the re-assessment.

But they only did this for one out of 3 APNs. Why would they do this if the calculations were exactly the same. Bunch of idiots.
            There would have been no chance of getting that back if i'd settled.
            Isn't the benefit in kind supposed to be included as that's the loan?
            Last edited by bstar1; 12 June 2015, 19:32.

Comment

PM Access

Hi, could I please have PM access? Ex-edge employee with recent APNx2.
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Chiswick View Post
                Hi, could I please have PM access? Ex-edge employee with recent APNx2.
                thanks
                Done!

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
                  Isn't the benefit in kind supposed to be included as that's the loan?
                  The benefit in kind is due to the loan. But if they say it's income not a loan - they can't say there has been any benefit in kind

Comment

Originally posted by gettingangry View Post
                    The benefit in kind is due to the loan. But if they say it's income not a loan - they can't say there has been any benefit in kind
                    So did they

add the loan amount as "other"
                    add salary
                    Add expenses

And also add a benefit in kind figure ?

Comment

Hi - also ex-Edge & 2 APNs

Hi,

could I please have PM access

thanks

Comment

Working...