• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settlement

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    You have until June 30th to contact HMRC to register an interest in the settlement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...re-information

The settlement is vague in terms of what you are settling. It is certainly income tax. It might be NIC and IHT.

It seems that HMRC themselves are not sure.

You need to ask when you register an interest as different schemes seem to be getting different answers.
    Thanks very much for your reply. Bit of a gamble - at least I have a couple of weeks to ponder.

Comment

No IHT on Edge Scheme

Several members of Edge have been informed that the scheme is not liable for IHT. I would love them to open up the can of worms for NI for it !

I think you can see fr these boards that not many contractors are taking this lying down. Join a group, it's our best defence !

Comment

PM ACCESS

Hi can i have PM access please - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by oranges View Post
          Hi,

Just joined forum. I was with Edge Consulting until 2008 and just received an APN. Can I have PM access, please?

Thanks
          Originally posted by PocketCalculator View Post
          Hmm, received a second APN this morning. Could I please have PM access?
          Originally posted by EdgyGuy View Post
          Hi can i have PM access please - thanks
          You should all have PM access now.

Comment

Originally posted by bhavvy View Post
            Several members of Edge have been informed that the scheme is not liable for IHT. I would love them to open up the can of worms for NI for it !

I think you can see fr these boards that not many contractors are taking this lying down. Join a group, it's our best defence !
            Who has informed that the Edge members are not liable for IHT? According to my understanding Edge is liable for IHT as it used the Trust.

Comment

Repayment Questions

Hi, Apologies if these have already been asked, but I'm new to the thread and although I've had a read through a lot of it couldn't find the answers...

So:

Does any part of Edge / Norla exist to repay the loans to?
              If so, would repaying them make any difference to the APN's and the claimed tax liability?
              Was there any insurance in the contracts with Edge / Norla / etc. to cover the current HMRC investigation?

Does anyone know, for sure, what, if any, information was passed from Edge / Norla to HMRC about the loan amounts and terms of those loans? (Are they relying on P11D / P60's for their calculations?)

Thanks

GymBob

Comment

IHT & Post Appeal

Can anyone provide detail on what happens post an appeal letter being made to HMRC.

Is the individual case frozen until a court case is heard?

Also, what is IHT

Comment

Originally posted by benramsay View Post
                  Can anyone provide detail on what happens post an appeal letter being made to HMRC.

Is the individual case frozen until a court case is heard?

Also, what is IHT
                  There is no appeal against APN.

Choices seem to be JR with an injunction, ignore it and face the consequences, or pay it.

If you pay I would put money on the money never being seen again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                    This.
                    The above is a near certainty.

And IHT = Inheritance Tax.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                      What do you mean by "pay"? Pay the APN, or make a settlement?

Comment

Working...
                      X