• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talent/redding

Hi, I have also received the loan charge letter and need get my head around this whole messy situation. I was with talent from 2003-2006. In 2008 I received a letter saying that the loans had been transferred to Redding Capital Finance and asking for repayment I think ( I can’t find any of this paperwork now) After lots of worrying and an email from redding@impactmarmerting I was told nothing was changing and if I repaid the loans there would likely be tax implications. Best thing was to let them be.

I’m unsure what type of loans they were as I don’t have any of the loan Contracts. From memory of the redding letter I seem to remember loans being for 30k, £30k and k20 something. I also have an unanswered email asking why I had received requests to repay loans for years 2007- 8 when I left contracting at the end of 2006, can anyone tell me what kind of loan they would have been. My payslips say loan amount 30k and dividend from loan. Thank you and apologies if I’m going over old ground I’ve been reading the forum posts for days now and couldn’t see anything much specific about talent now other than LaurieDrivers post and wasn’t sure if it was relevant to my circumstances. Thank you all for your posts it crazy how many people this is affecting. I have also sent a sar request to Hmrc but have since found my payslips so do have a pretty good idea of at least the period and a way of working out what I’m in for.

Comment

Originally posted by TooBlue View Post
      Hi, I have also received the loan charge letter and need get my head around this whole messy situation. I was with talent from 2003-2006. In 2008 I received a letter saying that the loans had been transferred to Redding Capital Finance and asking for repayment I think ( I can’t find any of this paperwork now) After lots of worrying and an email from redding@impactmarmerting I was told nothing was changing and if I repaid the loans there would likely be tax implications. Best thing was to let them be.

I’m unsure what type of loans they were as I don’t have any of the loan Contracts. From memory of the redding letter I seem to remember loans being for 30k, £30k and k20 something. I also have an unanswered email asking why I had received requests to repay loans for years 2007- 8 when I left contracting at the end of 2006, can anyone tell me what kind of loan they would have been. My payslips say loan amount 30k and dividend from loan. Thank you and apologies if I’m going over old ground I’ve been reading the forum posts for days now and couldn’t see anything much specific about talent now other than LaurieDrivers post and wasn’t sure if it was relevant to my circumstances. Thank you all for your posts it crazy how many people this is affecting. I have also sent a sar request to Hmrc but have since found my payslips so do have a pretty good idea of at least the period and a way of working out what I’m in for.
      In the case of TRM, the auditor/liquidator passed on all loan amounts to HMRC so they should have the correct numbers

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
        In the case of TRM, the auditor/liquidator passed on all loan amounts to HMRC so they should have the correct numbers
        Thank you Davedavis.

Does anyone know if I was to contact Hmrc to talk about settling, once they have given me a figure do I still have to settle or can I then decide to go for the loan charge?

Thanks,
        TooBlue.

Comment

Thank you Davedavis.

Does anyone know if I was to contact Hmrc to talk about settling, once they have given me a figure do I still have to settle or can I then decide to go for the loan charge?

Thanks,
          TooBlue.
          Settlement is voluntary. You can initiate discussions with HMRC (you should do that) and get to a point where the numbers are agreed and HMRC send you a contract.

Until you sign that contract you are not committed.

Given the delays HMRC currently admit to between exchanges (8 weeks) and the actual situation (12 weeks), starting now you are unlikely to get a contract before Christmas.

As a caveat, unless you agree a position BEFORE 5th April 2019, the loan charge will apply. HMRC do not guarantee that they have the resources to process all applications before then! If therefore you are not agreed by then, even if it's not your fault, the loan charge arrives.

You will need to push HMRC as hard as you can.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieDriver
            Hi, i just received a letter from HMRC regarding contractor Loans and i am guessing its because i worked through
            Talent Resources Ltd 15 years ago, but i don't know yet as i have replied to their letter asking for more information.

HMRC recommend you reply via their email address [email protected] but all you get is an auto reply pointing out the information they require, which i find a little bullish. I want to know what they have on me first so i have requested via post they give me more information but until i receive that information i am trawling the internet and forums for as much information as i can get so i can be somewhat prepared.

I am looking for current information, i have found tons of stuff relating to the class of 08/09 / COP8 enquiry which i am unsure is still current.

I have had a dig around in my old emails and have found some relevant info regarding Talent & Lutea, a phone number i have for Lutea and a guy who i use to deal with is still current some 15 yrs later, and is still registered to the guy i use to deal with, except its now Cambian Group Plc, 01534 703211, Andy Hicks.

I have left a voice mail for him but i think i said to much regarding Talent, so i will wait for a call back.

Any help or advice is more than appreciated,

Thanks in advance

**UPDATE**

Well it seems Mr Andrew Hicks is one of the good guys, he called me back and gave me all the information i needed. he works for Lutea Limited who were the Trustees for the EBT Scheme and has advised that

[email protected]
            Office 1, First Floor,
            1, 6th of September Str,
            Sofia 1000, Bulgaria,

are now the company holding the baby regarding said Scheme.

___

Hello LaurieDriver, do you recall the scheme name as Talent Resource were the employers and trustees I have been calling do not recognise Payscheme+

Comment

TRM scheme name

Hi,

Does anyone recall the trust name and who is currently managing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Snpost View Post
                ___

Hello LaurieDriver, do you recall the scheme name as Talent Resource were the employers and trustees I have been calling do not recognise Payscheme+
                There was Paysheme Ltd, Futurelink Ltd and Talent Holdings Ltd. I have all of the original paperwork sent to me from Talent if you need it prior to taking them up on their services in 2003.

Comment

Me too

Hi, i would appreciate any information you maybe able to forward. I am trying to find a way of getting details for Talent as i have received a letter from HMRC regarding Loans from 15+ years ago !!! WTF !!! Contacted some the guys whom i worked with back then and some of them got hit 6 yrs ago costing upwards of £90K :/

There was Paysheme Ltd, Futurelink Ltd and Talent Holdings Ltd. I have all of the original paperwork sent to me from Talent if you need it prior to taking them up on their services in 2003.

Comment

Sorry for the delay in responding but i been doing a lot of panic in - I have no to little information and am too trying to collate as much documentation / help as possible..

Originally posted by Snpost View Post
                    ___

Comment

I haven't got any up to date info and think that my only option is to ask HMRC what loan info they have on me. I know that Redding Finance sent me details of 3 loans in 2008 requesting repayment. 1 of them was for year 07 -08 when I had stopped working for Talent at end 2006! I asked Redding to explain how they had this loan that I hadn't signed up for and heard nothing. HMRC might have incorrect info but it sounds like its my only option.

Comment

Working...
                      X