• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the HMRC website today (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hmrc-subject-access-request) and applied for a SAR (Make a subject access request to HMRC) to find out what they have on me.

I made this decision from the good advice i have received over the last day or two from this forum, i guess its the only way you can find out what they know about you if you don't have the documentation, takes upto 28 days according to their website.

Good luck

PS~ Have you thought about joining The Loan Charge Action Group? another great bit of advice from this forum (https://www.hmrcloancharge.info)

Originally posted by TooBlue View Post
    I haven't got any up to date info and think that my only option is to ask HMRC what loan info they have on me. I know that Redding Finance sent me details of 3 loans in 2008 requesting repayment. 1 of them was for year 07 -08 when I had stopped working for Talent at end 2006! I asked Redding to explain how they had this loan that I hadn't signed up for and heard nothing. HMRC might have incorrect info but it sounds like its my only option.

Comment

Talent resource

Has anyone dealt with TT Intelligence - Tax Planning for Individuals and Businesses Are they same guys that ran Talent?

Comment

Can't say for sure but the website has all the hallmarks. The "about us" section where you "meet the team" has no names in it and there is no mention of their staff being professionally qualified or the firm being part of a recognized professional body (CIOT or FCA etc). These aren't hard and fast but for me, they'd be deal breakers.

Get onto UK company house and do some searching for directors and shareholders https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/ and see who they all have in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Snpost View Post
          Has anyone dealt with TT Intelligence - Tax Planning for Individuals and Businesses Are they same guys that ran Talent?
          Yes.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieDriver View Post
            I went to the HMRC website today (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hmrc-subject-access-request) and applied for a SAR (Make a subject access request to HMRC) to find out what they have on me.

I made this decision from the good advice i have received over the last day or two from this forum, i guess its the only way you can find out what they know about you if you don't have the documentation, takes upto 28 days according to their website.

Good luck

PS~ Have you thought about joining The Loan Charge Action Group? another great bit of advice from this forum (https://www.hmrcloancharge.info)
            I was contemplating this but is there any downside to it? like risking antagonising HMRC further.

Comment

TT-Intelligence

A work colleague who was in our situation some 6 yrs ago, Worked through Talent and used TT-Intelligence to negotiate with HMRC, TT-Intelligence advised almost immediately for him to Settle. Cost him £90K and today he is still paying off said amount, also he wished he had took other advice and on reflection wished he had not taken their advice.

Be wary, i have, since receiving my letter, tried to connect all these companies and people through companies house and other sites but they are so intrenched in the way they set their companies up. Mainly in Jersey and now in Bulgaria, that it is virtually impossible to get to them, hence why HMRC is taking the easy option and coming after us.

TOTAL TAX INTELLIGENCE LIMITED
              Company number 06206130

1 active person with significant control / 0 active statements

Mr James Jonathan Moss ACTIVE

Correspondence address
              Monaco House, Monaco Works, Station Road, Kings Langley, Hertfordshire, England, WD4 8LQ
              Notified on
              6 April 2016
              Date of birth
              October 1981
              Nationality
              British
              Nature of control
              Ownership of shares – 75% or more as a member of a firm
              Country of residence
              England

It is apparent from my research that Mr James Jonathan Moss has been in cahootz with Mr Adam Paul Becker who ran Tax Talk who both are Directors of Futurelink Group Ltd, they are coming across as people who set up and then close down companies as and when it suits them - https://suiteDotendole.co.uk/insight...on-rcs-limited Lots of information here regarding the companies they are involved with currently, Dissolved & Liquidated.

Seems like they set up a company to be tax efficient for us guys, charge us accordingly, when they have a fat bank account close the company taking the money, set up another company to advise, charge us for the benefit, get a fat bank account, close the company taking the money, set up a different company etc etc the loop goes on..

Originally posted by Snpost View Post
              Last edited by LaurieDriver; 21 August 2018, 13:13.

Comment

Originally posted by LaurieDriver View Post
                It is apparent from my research that Mr James Jonathan Moss has been in cahootz with Mr Adam Paul Becker who ran Tax Talk who both are Directors of Futurelink Group Ltd, they are coming across as people who set up and then close down companies as and when it suits them -
                It seems it's a Moss family business. My contact at TRM was Craig Moss, and it appears their dad (presumably, given Anthony Moss' date of birth) is on it too.

Comment

Originally posted by passerby View Post
                  I was contemplating this but is there any downside to it? like risking antagonising HMRC further.
                  No downside.

HMRC does not operate on the basis of personal vendetta or treat you any differently for exercising your rights.
                  Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
                    In the case of TRM, the auditor/liquidator passed on all loan amounts to HMRC so they should have the correct numbers
                    Do you know when this was? When I received my first letter from HMRC some years back they were wildly guessing the amounts.

Comment

Payscheme+

This is how it was sold

https://web.archive.org/web/20090221...m/en/Home.aspx

Comment

Working...
                      X