• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just reading all these threads with interest and concern. I have been involved in these schemes for a number of years and a few months ago got 2 very large scary bills. I will contact convict soon and hopefully join a group that can fight this.

Comment

Anyone else received letter from HMRC today offering to settle to 2011?

Comment

Yep :-/

Comment

Says contact us by Jan 2015. so can we assume we will not be receiving follower notices and accelerated payment notices from Aug? I guess they could be issued after Jan 2015

Comment

Did the letter mention which scheme(s)? Which ones were you in?

Comment

I did too, it's a generic letter no amounts and no mention of scheme specific or even scheme name.

Comment

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg S...

It says loan settlement opportunity to April 2011, so would cover TRM and Cherrylone for me.
                It asks that you give them the loan figure and they will give you settlement amount based on interest and income tax, no NICS.

Looks like a scare tactic, what you guys think?
                Last edited by GOLD1; 26 July 2014, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by GOLD1 View Post
                  It says loan settlement opportunity to April 2011, so would cover TRM and Cherrylone for me.
                  It asks that you give them the loan figure and they will give you settlement amount based on interest and income tax, no NICS.

Looks like a scare tactic, what you guys think?
                  It looks like they want your balls on a plate and they want you to provide the plate and do your own cutting.

Pay up? std loan schemes maybe (lots of variables though), but EBTs? definitely not.
                  Last edited by convict; 26 July 2014, 16:09.

Comment

What may happen after Jan 015 any ideas? Does anyone think the general election may have any impact / or will they pick some random that dictates the test case for everyone else cos I'm gut sure the whoever the random is they will cave in.

Comment

I often wonder if they did a deal with Boyle not to appeal, knowing they were going to deem FTT wins good enough to issue FN/APN

Comment

Working...
                      X