• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Seminar

Please contact ''CONVICT'' for details of the London Seminar and see separate thread for updates.

Comment

London Seminar

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
      Please contact ''CONVICT'' for details of the London Seminar and see separate thread for updates.
      Hi, I just joined, and am interested in the London Seminar, used to be with ASMG and have received the 08/09 re-assessment. How do I contact CONVICT, cant seem to contact members directly, do i need specific rights, if so can a moderator please give?

Comment

ASMG / White Collar

Originally posted by LordF View Post
        I found a second person that was at ASMG and then White Collar, at least according to their Linkedin profiles!
        hi LordF

As I have read, White Collar is in liquidation (and ASMG liquidated a while back). I presume the obvious...no point trying to find any contact who were working there to see if there is any action being taken on behalf of old customers by the now non-existant companies?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ArnoldJRimmer View Post
          Hi, I just joined, and am interested in the London Seminar, used to be with ASMG and have received the 08/09 re-assessment. How do I contact CONVICT, cant seem to contact members directly, do i need specific rights, if so can a moderator please give?
          There's a separate thread on this under the HMRC Scheme Enquiries thread folder

Comment

hi LordF

As I have read, White Collar is in liquidation (and ASMG liquidated a while back). I presume the obvious...no point trying to find any contact who were working there to see if there is any action being taken on behalf of old customers by the now non-existant companies?

Thanks
            White Collar Group is still active (well they were atleast 2 weeks ago).. Make sure you are using the right website.. Switchboard number is in the contact folder... Ask for Katie or Patrick who are dealing with these..

w ww.whitecollargroup.co.uk/

Comment

Thanks CDJ

Originally posted by CDJ View Post
              White Collar Group is still active (well they were atleast 2 weeks ago).. Make sure you are using the right website.. Switchboard number is in the contact folder... Ask for Katie or Patrick who are dealing with these..

w ww.whitecollargroup.co.uk/
              Thanks CDJ, will give them a call.

Comment

contact details - EDGE Consulting Ltd

Originally posted by a Man of Constant Sorrow View Post
                I too have been invited to the 08/09 party - same letter, same thing.

Dont suppose by any remote chance anyone has a contact number for Egde Consulting - searched everywhere and with Norla having ceased trading, no help there.

Very grateful in advance for any help, as assuming others were with Edge - for my part I am seeking to confirm whether the contract helpdesk/Cobham Murphy are representing these schemes, given they are covering some 20 + at the moment.

Many thanks
                The General Manager is Michelle Booth - [email protected]. Email her and she will add your details to the list and will send you the template appeals letter.

Comment

Bottom Line

I was with AM Ltd IOM for 7 months

I was working abroad at the time so I don't know iwhat this does for my situation?

AML have been very helpful and replied to HMRC on my behalf.

But essentially the bottom line to all this that each provider has to prove that their scheme was legal, if not BN66 kicks in and the hmrc can lawfully recoup the TAX?

Comment

Originally posted by ireland2013 View Post
                    But essentially the bottom line to all this that each provider has to prove that their scheme was legal, if not BN66 kicks in and the hmrc can lawfully recoup the TAX?
                    Sorry but there is no comparison with BN66.

HMRC never tested the legality of the BN66 double tax scheme in court. That's because they knew they would have lost.

They got Parliament to enact retrospective legislation. The law was changed back to 1987 so that the scheme was never legal.

Comment

hi LordF

Thanks
                      Name & Registered Office:
                      ASMG LIMITED
                      23 PORTERS WOOD
                      ST. ALBANS
                      HERTFORDSHIRE
                      UNITED KINGDOM
                      AL3 6PQ
                      Company No. 05348558

Comment

Working...
                      X