• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    It's part of the service.

It's important that the action of forgiveness does not create another tax problem, so understanding that is the first step.

Then how much fee is required to deal with the debt.

I'm estimating perhaps 6 to 9 months to get to forgiveness.
    One last shot....

What action of forgiveness? Is there such a thing? It's a different word which means the same as writing it off so it would incur IHT.

Or do you think otherwise?

Comment

Hi

I was originally with ASIOM and then subsequently Penfolds and Hamiltons. I've been following the updates for the latter two but in my naivety, didn't realise that ASIOM is outside of their action. So when I got my APN for ASIOM this morning and looked up what to do, I drew a blank. I've dropped an email thru to find out what to do next. All a bit scary, it's a big number that HMRC are asking for.

Is everyone who was with Penfolds / Hamiltons aware of the Update Website and the Action Groups?

Comment

Originally posted by MissInformed View Post
        Hi

I was originally with ASIOM and then subsequently Penfolds and Hamiltons. I've been following the updates for the latter two but in my naivety, didn't realise that ASIOM is outside of their action. So when I got my APN for ASIOM this morning and looked up what to do, I drew a blank. I've dropped an email thru to find out what to do next. All a bit scary, it's a big number that HMRC are asking for.

Is everyone who was with Penfolds / Hamiltons aware of the Update Website and the Action Groups?
        Asiom and Penfolds share the same SRN as far as I've heard.

If your APN is based on a guesstimate (as most seem to be), you'll want to challenge the amount (preferably closer to the 90 days due date, if you want to buy yourself some time)
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by neil99 View Post
          Optimus Fiduciaries.

A few of us are trying to contact them in order to get a statement of loan balances to send to HMRC.
          Hi, I'm new and nervous. Have Optimus responded? and provided the details you need?

Comment

late to the "party"

Hello, recently received my APN for ASIOM 2006 and 2007 - I'de be very grateful for any pointers as to where I could find additional info / private forums / email lists etc

Comment

Originally posted by wool View Post
              Hi, I'm new and nervous. Have Optimus responded? and provided the details you need?
              They are answering emails. They want cash for providing all the loan documentation. I don't need it yet so I am holding fire.

Comment

Originally posted by DnT View Post
                Hello, recently received my APN for ASIOM 2006 and 2007 - I'de be very grateful for any pointers as to where I could find additional info / private forums / email lists etc
                I think I posted info on the cascade contractors group. Have a look at my posts. If not pls PM me.

I'd advise joining Big Group too. BG are offering a number of services such as checking APNs. (disclaimer: I am a Big Group member!)

Comment

Optimus

Originally posted by neil99 View Post
                  They are answering emails. They want cash for providing all the loan documentation. I don't need it yet so I am holding fire.
                  Whats the best email address for Optimus? Thanks

Comment

So in the end, what was the conclusion regarding APN's for Assignment Solutions? Are they part of the Penfolds / Hamilton litigation? I just received a letter for 2006/2007 regarding an impending APN, however I have never received an enquiry letter in the past, so either way, will be disputing any claim on that basis in the first instance.

Comment

Originally posted by bandemelbs View Post
                      So in the end, what was the conclusion regarding APN's for Assignment Solutions? Are they part of the Penfolds / Hamilton litigation?
                      I guess they would benefit, since we're told they share the same SRN. Therefore that would be the same scheme?
                      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Working...
                      X