• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ribble View Post
    I am an active part of the mentioned legal action, and have been trying to sort this mess out from the beginning when the issues first came to light.
    I can tell you that these letters are completely genuine and not at all scaremongering in anyway. They are completely genuine and basically if you chose to ignore them and not consider the proposed options then don’t say we didn’t try and help you when HMRC come knocking regarding outstanding liabilities.

My advice is to get in touch with the sender even on an informal basis as they are in the same partnership as you. Discuss your options with them and understand if you would like to get involved or not.

As far as the case not being legit I can confirm that the case is definitely being heard next week at the Chancery Division.
    I too am a member of the action, and stand by everything said by ribble.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnomen View Post
      Hi Abraxus and others,

Coincidentally, I also received a similar letter from someone who claims to have brought a case against Sunday Solutions & Bradbury & Co Limited.

On first reviewing the letter, all looked plausible. However, having checked last week directly with the High Court of Justice, and specifically with the Chancery Division, no such case stated in the letter had been registered there. In fact, it is relatively easy to represent some details of a fictitious case and present them with a bit of typical legal text, to make a letter look official.

However, I am not at all happy with the tone of the letter which appears to have the purpose of causing panic, such that one has no other sensible option than to join the action and contribute to the costs, and one is obliged to indicate one of the other options. I will not go into any more detail.

My conclusion is that, one just can't trust this sort of letter that could come from any source, and therefore, I will not be completing this form.

Lastly, I would suggest that victims should each raise the profile of this matter - (Sunday Solution - Willow Meade - Bradbury & CO) - apparent fraud with your local MP, as I am doing. Hopefully, this will give it increased significance, higher up, etc.

Agnomen
      Agnomen, your post from September says that you are owed £10k.

We are a long way down the path, and have addressed the profile of the case through several and increasing means.

I advise you to engage with the sender of the letter. Your best chance is to fight with the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by electro View Post
        We are a long way down the path, and have addressed the profile of the case through several and increasing means.
        I advise you to engage with the sender of the letter. Your best chance is to fight with the rest of us.
        I can also confirm that the letters are completely genuine. I would strongly suggest that you get in touch with the person who has sent it.

You may have decided to write off the money that was stolen from you, which is understandable. However, there is the very real potential that you are liable to pay even more due to Sunday/Bradbury/Willow Meade/Reed Morgan/whoever stealing huge chunks of VAT money.

Comment

The letters are genuine.

Originally posted by Agnomen View Post
          Hi Abraxus and others,

Coincidentally, I also received a similar letter from someone who claims to have brought a case against Sunday Solutions & Bradbury & Co Limited.

On first reviewing the letter, all looked plausible. However, having checked last week directly with the High Court of Justice, and specifically with the Chancery Division, no such case stated in the letter had been registered there. In fact, it is relatively easy to represent some details of a fictitious case and present them with a bit of typical legal text, to make a letter look official.

However, I am not at all happy with the tone of the letter which appears to have the purpose of causing panic, such that one has no other sensible option than to join the action and contribute to the costs, and one is obliged to indicate one of the other options. I will not go into any more detail.

My conclusion is that, one just can't trust this sort of letter that could come from any source, and therefore, I will not be completing this form.

Lastly, I would suggest that victims should each raise the profile of this matter - (Sunday Solution - Willow Meade - Bradbury & CO) - apparent fraud with your local MP, as I am doing. Hopefully, this will give it increased significance, higher up, etc.

Agnomen
          Just to confirm what others have stated, these letters are genuine and have been drafted by the solicitors working for the action group and issued by a member of the partnership already in the group. I too received mine for Heeter Mehl. The VAT issue is a real issue that needs to be addressed, so please contact the person who sent you the letter.
          The court case is due to be heard on the 7th December in London. We are just ordinary guys like you trying to sort this mess out and get some justice.
          I urge any others affected by this fraud to get in contact, things are happening and need more support from everyone.
          Regards
          Neil

Comment

So what happened on the 7th?

I haven't heard anything about this for a long time and remembering the stress last time don't want to. Good luck all.

Comment

Originally posted by biggles_1 View Post
              So what happened on the 7th?

I haven't heard anything about this for a long time and remembering the stress last time don't want to. Good luck all.
              The reason I thought I'd ask is because I recently had an e-mail from a company called Gabem ... Not sure why but I decided to try the Umbrella Companies Self Employed pay & tax Gabem Umbrella Company website ... funnily enough it went straight through to Gabem! Is this actually the same guys?

Comment

The reason I thought I'd ask is because I recently had an e-mail from a company called Gabem ... Not sure why but I decided to try the Umbrella Companies Self Employed pay & tax Gabem Umbrella Company website ... funnily enough it went straight through to Gabem! Is this actually the same guys?
                That should read www . sundaysolutions . co . uk without spaces. This clever site even translates it to the page header.

Comment

That should read www . sundaysolutions . co . uk without spaces. This clever site even translates it to the page header.
                  Gabem press release about Sunday Solutions troubles, 27 Jan 2010, Recruitment industry news : UmbrellaDetective.com

Sorry. That's what they had to say about it ... old news.

Comment

Unscrupulous Business Practices ... it's official

http://nds.coi.gov.uk/clientmicrosit...1&SubjectId=36

Umbrella tax companies taken out of service
                    21 December 2010 15:00
                    Insolvency Service

Following an investigation by The Insolvency Service, two companies Sunday Solutions Limited and Bradbury & Co Limited, each involved in a tax umbrella scheme called the Sunday Solutions Scheme, for self employed consultants, have been ordered into liquidation in the High Court on grounds of public interest.

Company Investigations found the scheme was marketed to prospective clients, mostly IT consultants, as a partnership whereby their tax liabilities would be deducted from the income collected for them and then be retained in a partnership bank account to pay their taxes when due. An estimated £80 million was handled by the scheme but many of the 1500 consultants who used the service did not have their tax liabilities paid and remain liable for the unpaid tax.

The directors of the companies failed to fully co-operate with the investigation which identified over 100 bank accounts, ostensibly opened for each of the so called partnerships. In addition, the scheme was marketed to prospective clients as a membership of Limited Liability Partnership but no LLP names were registered at Companies House. The investigation also found that excessive and arbitrary fees were levied for the service, in some cases up to 30 per cent of a client’s earnings.

Numerous complaints were made to the companies by clients. As no action was taken to address their concerns, an action group, SundayBradbury was formed by disgruntled former clients.

In ordering the companies into liquidation Ms Registrar Barber said that whilst the companies do not admit the allegations, they do not oppose the winding up, and that she was satisfied for all the reasons alleged by the Secretary of State that it was expedient in the public interest that the companies be wound up on grounds of public interest.

Commenting on the cases Investigations Supervisor Chris Mayhew said:

“Anyone considering using an umbrella tax scheme needs to be confident that they are using a reputable company. The action taken in this matter sends a clear message: if you run a company that adopts unscrupulous business practices, we will investigate and where necessary take action to close them down”.

Ends

__________________________________________________ ____________

Notes to editors

1. Sunday Solutions Limited was incorporated on 19 September 2005. The registered office of the company is at Pembroke House,
                    15 Pembroke Road, ClIifton, Bristol, BS8 3BA.

2 Bradbury & Co Limited was incorporated on 6 July 1995. The registered office of the company is 16 Shearway Business Park
                    Folkestone, Kent CT19 4RK.

3. The Action Group ([email protected]) was formed to try and recover money deducted and retained by the Sunday Solutions Scheme.

4. The Insolvency Service administers the insolvency regime, investigating all compulsory liquidations and individual insolvencies (bankruptcies) through the Official Receiver to establish why they became insolvent. The Service also authorises and regulates the insolvency profession; deals with disqualification of directors in corporate failures; assesses and pays statutory entitlement to redundancy payments when an employer cannot or will not pay employees; provides banking and investment services for bankruptcy and liquidation estate funds; and advises ministers and other government departments on insolvency law and practice. Further information about the work of The Insolvency Service is available from The Insolvency Service Website.

5. Umbrella service companies generally provide payroll, invoicing, accountancy and taxation services delegated to them by consultants.

6. All public enquiries concerning the affairs of the company should be made to: The Official Receiver, Public Interest Unit , Tel No 0207 637 110: Email: [email protected]

7. Media enquiries should be directed to: -

Denise Rawls, Press Office Manager 020 7637 6279

Ade Daramy, Press Officer 020 7596 6187
                    Contacts

NDS Enquiries
                    Phone: For enquiries please contact the issuing dept
                    [email protected]

Comment

suggestion

You can also try using this tax calculator UK Tax Wizard for your assessment.

Originally posted by NotImpressed View Post
                      There's a handy online tax calculator you can use as Calculate you taxes with, UK Tax Wizard - the most comprehensive income tax & NI calculator for the UK Tax Payer. Calculate income tax, pension, national insurance and student loan repayments on your iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad. which will give you a final tax + employee's nics + employer's nics for a gross income. Employer's nics are pretty grievous - 12.8% above a pretty measly threshold.

My plan is to declare my gross income (minus 5% + personal expenses) earned through the partnership as employed income if what comes through from Bradbury on the week commencing 14th is rubbish. I would wait until then Rhines - you've got nothing to lose! I'd really rather not have to do this to avoid doubling what I've calculated my tax liability is under the partnership scheme, but if it avoids having to file a laughable tax return that will trigger every alarm HMRC have, I don't see I have much choice... Let's not forget, there are partnership accounts to file also which will somehow need to marry up to what we as partners return.

All that said, I'm still holding out some hope for 14th!

Comment

Working...
                      X