• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another that got stung

Hi,

Like many of you, I found out about this about a week ago when I had an accountant do my tax return for me. I'm interested in joining an action group and trying to get these people.

I was with Sunday Solutions from around Aug 2008 to when they disappeared in April 2009. During that time I was in a partnership called Mahoney Stevens. I've been reading through the thread (about halfway at the moment) and am catching up to what has been found out before.

I just can't beleive we are not at all protected from having to pay the tax bill I called up HMRC to explain the situation and as i've seen from many other posts, the "best they can offer" is that they set up a payment plan for me to make paying the sum more managable.

@Moderator - please could i have PMs enabled so i can communicate with others in this thread? Thanks

<admin note>PM use enabled</admin note>

Comment

Originally posted by teletubby View Post
      I was with Von Essen and got the notification from them. My contract through them ended at the end of November, the partnership accounts were with me within 10 days, I was quite happy with them and the balance was paid over to me within 2 days of me returning the approval. No complaints about VE from me.
      Good on you - I'm still waiting for my money. <name removed by CUK>, the director (who by the way, is/was the director at Reed Morgan - the invoicing arm used by Sunday) doesn't even have the decency to return my emails!
      I think a call to Companies House is on the cards to stop this happening.
      It's also funny that VE and Reed Umbrella/Fleming Laing have direct lines of communication with Bradbury - if they really want to help you then demand they furnish you with the phone numbers and address where Bradbury is hiding out.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 26 January 2010, 09:59. Reason: No names please. Other potentially inaccurate wording removed.

Comment

I was also switched over to Von Essen and did get one invoice through them. They have given back to me the tax money that they owe me for that invoice (it was a very small amount though, less than £600).

Unfortunately when i asked them about their relationship with Sunday they denied there was any relationship other than that VE bought "half of Sunday's portfolio". When I asked them why the paper that my Sunday contract was printed on was headed with the Sunday logo but had the Von Essen logo in the footer area I was met with pretty much "Dunno, but the only connection we have is that we bought half the portfolio" how very useful.

Comment

Another Sucker, how do we get in touch with you. We all need to club together here and work as one. Im happy to assist where possible. Im contacting flaming laing tomorrow to see if they can tell me whom from the list of partners within my partnership is suffering the same. Ideally it should be the partnership taking Bradbury and Co.

Please get in touch <email removed>

<admin note>PM use on your account enabled</admin note>

Originally posted by Another Sucker View Post
          Fellow victims,

I only discovered this scene a few days ago. I've already started a small action group with no anticipated cost of membership - at the very least until we strike a point where the involvement of professional lawyers and/or accountants shows a likelihood of showing a profit.

We already have a small number of members but I'm dismayed by the pointless comments and the hand-wringing on this site.

You won't get your money back by making glib remarks on this forum. You only stand a chance if you join with others in effecting change.

If this is what you want, email me on <removed, please use PM system> in the next couple of days.

Actions taken today include:
          Sunday Solutions Company headquarters visited
          Trading Standards, ACAS, HMRC Fraud Department, and Watchdog contacted.
          The principal and practicalities of a telephone conference established.
          Actions - to be disclosed - agreed for next week.

No results yet. What do you expect after 2 days?

But, if you're interested and committed to getting your money back, why not join the action?

<admin note>Account upgraded, PM use enabled</admin note>

Comment

Another PM request

Hi,

I'm another that has been turned over quite royally.

I also could do with PM so that I can contact the action group.

Thanks

<admin note>Account upgraded</admin note>

Comment

Action Group?

Hi

I've sent PM and email to Another Sucker re his action group but no response. There is also an existing Sunday Solutions Action Group that has a Google sites forum - I've been through the hoops of proving I'm genuine and joined them but most of the action there has already started by people who got their act together long before us.

Realistic options now are:

- Pay your tax liability if you can or arrange a payment plan with HMRC if you can't.

- See if any money does come through at the end of this month, as Bradbury's last communication states, notwithstanding that it would be too late in any case as we need to pay HMRC by 31st Jan. Even if we do get paid by Bradbury/Sunday, it is very unlikely to be all that we are owed because they have said they are going to pay in instalments.

- Get a second action group going. I'm happy to coordinate this if you PM me - Another Sucker, perhaps you could respond too. At the moment we are obviously wary and using names like wemustwin and Another Sucker. This is understandable because we fear that the Sunday/Bradbury people are lurking here. But we must overcome any feeling of desperation and be bold if we are to deal with this matter. Please PM me and we can then establish a way of confirming identities and building a bit of trust.

Thanks

Comment

sunday/bradbury

I have been emaling bradbury for my partnership payment but no joy would like to join action group please

Comment

Guys here was a post i put to Mr Midland Man

Hi

Interesting to hear the the figure you are being quoted by Jennifier Richardson is very similar to the figure that i also owe. Looking at my Bradbury accounts I owe/paid them 12K in fees and services when this should have been closer to 5K. Which would have then more or less covered my TAX due this month. Im now having to take a loan out to cover the payment. My draft accounts from Bradbury state that i owe them 1500£ however they haven't approached me about how to pay this. Would be nice to have a postal address, bank account number etc... to help the investigations.

Im currently on the phone to the HMRC to ask for advice on this matter. I think the more of use that report Bradbury and Co along with Sunday to the HMRC the better, it can only enforce the case.

So as a plan of action I would suggest that at least all of us in the syndicate do this. Ive also sent Flemming Laing a copy of the partners from my partnership agreement to hear if they know of anyone with the same partnership as me (Von Staden Howkins) in the same situation. Its probably good to have backup from the partnership as Bradbury provided services to the partnership.

Inland Revenue have advised me to write to my local TAX office to advise them of the situation. I called 0845 9000 444 which they have now made a note of on my account. They also advised me to call 0845 366 1204 which is the Debt management side of HMRC once accounts are submitted by Jennifer Richardson.

If you dont pay your balance on the 31st you will only gain interest on the amount that is owed. Im in the process of setting up a loan as I have stated (rather take a loan then eat up savings) but might hang on another week or so to see what happens. Ive been toying with the ideal of speaking to one of the broadsheets for a bit of name and shame with Bradbury, perhaps someone will read it and be able to help?

Comment

I've been censored

Originally posted by spikester View Post
                    Hi,

I'm another that has been turned over quite royally.

I also could do with PM so that I can contact the action group.

Thanks

<admin note>Account upgraded</admin note>
                    Careful ewe do not get to name names on this thread as the swine behind the mess and so on are not happy to be named .Baah

Comment

Originally posted by Zotter View Post
                      Has anyone had a response from Bradbury after filing via MoneyClaim?
                      They have 14 days to respond right?

Also, do any of you know who your partnership administrators are? If so, how did you find out?
                      Anyone else in the partnership Long Ralph?
                      Hi

I was in Long Ralph partnership and facing the same problem as you are. Can you email me on <removed> to discuss further.

<admin note>PM use on your account enabled</admin note>

Comment

Working...
                      X