• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All,

I've just come across this thread and am both relieved and also worried that there seem to be others with similar experiences as me.

I was wondering whether anyone can help me/ point me in the right direction with what I should do.

My situation

After many years as a permanent employee, I took the step of going contracting and used Sunday/Bradbury via a partnership. I was only a part of this for a short time (Dec 07 - April 08) after which due to the economic downturn had to take another job as a permanent employee.

They completed my 07-08 tax return for which there was a shortfall of just under £1000 which I paid directly to HMRC (for the 31 Jan 09). Thought all was good with that but in March this year I got a call from HMRC claiming the outstanding amount had not been paid.

I called Bradbury and they assured me that this was normal and not to be worried as they were resubmitting my tax return to reduce my bill. I thought, OK cool.

About a month later HMRC appointed Bailiffs*came to seize assets for the outstanding amount. Luckily, I wasn't at home so they left a letter stressing that if the outstanding amount was not paid they would serve a CCJ. With this I called Bradbury was told no one was available but I explained what had happened and was put straight through to someone who took all the details and did sort this out.

I subsequently got an updated tax return from them with a reduced amount which and a confirmation of payment to HMRC (for less than the amount on the amended tax return) but with an additional note that they were applying to reduced it further.

I have heard nothing since until last week where I received a final account from the partnership which now states that the partnership is in debt. with an instruction to either approve/disapprove these numbers.

Any advise on what I should do?

Comment

You are one of the lucky ones !

I ended up paying HMRC over £7k of my own money after visits from debt collectors etc. I have not had a penny from Bradbury. I would not pay them a thing. Get legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by safcmike View Post
        I have written an email to Bradburys telling them that I have done this and saying that I prepared to forego the 14 quid as a goodwill gesture. I also told them that they have 14 days to respond to my mail or I will assume that they accept my arguements and I will consider the matter closed.

Whats good for the goose...
        Well my deadline provoked at least some reaction form Bradburys so they are checking the info@Bradburys email account. Having given them 14 days to respond they replied in less than 24 hours to say that I had already refused my accounts so was in the dispute process. A very minor victory but at least it shows they are still there. They did not rise to my bait about putting a name on correspondence though.

Again I urge as many people as possible to refuse these accounts and make them go through dispute on as many people as possible.

I really feel for you guys who are waitning on tax retention but I am sure if you look closely then a lot of what you are waiting on has already been netted off against the grossly inflated 'fees' so you will get very little back if you accept the accounts.

Comment

Not very edifying

Why are the additional charges so high/?So far as anyone knows Bradbury did not suddenly start doing a lot more in in 2008-9 for contractors did they?
          Could the increases in fees be linked to the fact that the mice who are not Bradbury but who lost the money in big black holes and in foreign mouse traps asked the mice at Bradbury to come up with a new "solution"
          and the Bradbury mice came up with more fees. That covered up the missing piles that should have been in the cupboards at Barclays cheesey bank

That way the mice who are not Bradbury can still afford cheese and get to live in big houses etc because its an adjustment spread over a large disparate population of slow moving animals who never get together and don't talk to each other.

I wonder.....

Comment

Tax for year 2008/09

I've got my partnership accounts and like many of you'll out there, I've got a lot of expense shown.

My Query is - As the tax deadline is Jan 31 2010, do I get some other accountant to file my tax returns ?

If Yes, how do I go about doing that ?

Has anyone already done this ?

Cheers, MA..

Comment

we were told we would be contacted the week beginning 14th december,

well its thursday tommorow and I for one have not heard anything yet?

has anyone had any contact from bradbury regarding tax retention money being distributed?

Comment

2 Colleagues and I are in the same situation. I have still not recieved my partnership accounts and the fact that three individuals all in different partnerships have all not recieved them is making me even more suspicious that a very large proportion of these have not been completed.

Has anyone actually had these and then had money paid? I have had very little communication from them. Is there anything I can do, does anyone have any suggestions for chasing these up?

Thanks

Comment

I am still awaiting my partnership accounts but can anyone recommend an accountant who can sort out my 2008/9 online tax return and who knows about the Sunday/Bradbury situation so would know how to submit my return?

thanks

Comment

Has anybody received the correspondence they promised for this week?

Comment

I recieved my partnership accounts yesterday and as far as I can tell (they don't mean a great deal to me) they are stating that all their fees come to approx 12k and the profit I will have distributed to me is approx 9K. Now I have these at least I can get an accountant to complete my 08/09 tax return but what about the money owed to HMRC for the partnership. Are Bradbury paying this? Is the only tax return I need to take care of myself my personal one or is there anything else I need to do to make sure I am covered and all tax is paid?

Thanks

Iain

Comment

Working...
                      X