• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biggles_1 View Post
    Surely someone claiming to be so in the know wouldn;t have an issue with showing how knowledgable they are.
    Why would I want to do that?

This forum has dismissed Sunday Solutions for years on nothing more than speculation, yet all of a sudden you now want facts.

You are going to have to try harder than that.

Comment

Look at who controls <removed> Sunday solutions willow Meade Sunday group, <removed>. Do your research look at directorships past and present!!!
      Last edited by administrator; 14 October 2009, 09:16. Reason: Company name removed. Potentially damaging statement.

Comment

Next guess

John Summers?

Davehh - Not sure who you are other than a wind up merchant. Of course this board shun Sunday Solutions. Look at the mess that has been made out of many peoples tax returns.

J.

Comment

John Summers?
          Ha Ha. Brilliant! Good luck asking him for your money!

Davehh - Not sure who you are other than a wind up merchant. Of course this board shun Sunday Solutions. Look at the mess that has been made out of many peoples tax returns.
          I think you will find;
          1. This board was making negative, unsubstantiated comments long before this issue arose
          2. If you consider the amount of contractors Sunday have (or had!), it works out as a very small percentage of the total amount of contractors they support.
          3. It seems to me that quite a few of the contractors on this board who signed up with Sunday still don't fully understand the scheme. Taking this into consideration, are you all making a big song and dance because you want your money back, or are you trying to make ammends for your incompetencies at knowing what you were signing upto the first place?

It just seems to me that a large percentage of you have dived on the contractor bandwagon for the cash, without fully understanding the issues surrounding the contracting industry.

It’s a bit like securing a job in McDonald’s, not realising that you are expected to work in a kitchen.

Comment

It doesn't matter why people joined it is still theft.

davehh,

I knew what I was joining having looked at a variety of offshore/umbrella/Ltd and solutions. I came to the conclusion that this solution was the best for me at the time. I also wasn't involved in any bad feeling towards Sunday or Bradbury up until my fine and latepayment notice from HMRC. In hindsight I wish I'd just gone Ltd in the first place as it is a lot easier.

Against the contract that was signed my taxes were not paid to HMRC on two occasions and the phone lines etc are now being ignored, Partnership pages are not being finalised and payments are being withheld.

I don't know how many people Sunday had on their books but it shouldn't be any percentage that are being treated like this.

The fees charged are in the region of 10-13% for different individuals when they were quoted as 6-7%.

Overall a very shoddy service. If they had made mistakes and then made amends that would be one thing but to make mistakes and then board all the windows is both irresponsible and unreasonable. I fail to understand how you can defend them.

J.

Comment

I spoke to my old boss about this who has been a contractor for a while and she advised me to pay my HMRC tax bill asap and then find an accountant to complete my 2008/9 return and work something out.

Apparently the directors have run off with the money they witheld for us - for our tax bills!

I have emailed the groups and have got no response, if anyone can offer anymore advice can you post here or pm me. thanks
              Last edited by FICO; 14 October 2009, 17:54.

Comment

Questions

I ran a google search for Sunday Solution and Bradbury problems and found this forum. I have read all the posts in this thread and conclude that no one was able to recover money from Bradbury / Sunday.

In my case, I am still receiving response to my emails from Bradbury even though nothing seems to be happening. In my case they seem to have made a payment recently (in the past few month) which forces me to believe that they are still in the process of settling some payments to HMRC. Having said that, they have not filed my tax returns for 2008/09.

Q1. Bradbury & CO - Phone calls
                They don't answer the phones anymore instead the call goes to some call center. Have you guys tried ringing them and has anyone got a call back from the accountants yet ?

Q2. Sunday Solutions - Non existing!!

This seems to be a non-existing entity now. Imagine most of you were registered as partners. Can we show the amount we lost as loss in the partnership ?

Q3. Report to Police:

Has anyone informed the POLICE, if Yes, What was the result of informing the cops ? It would be good to know how to go about doing this.

Q4. HMRC - Inform HMRC about Bradbury ?

How to go about informing the HMRC ? Would they be able to do something about this ? Has anyone tried this approach ?

Q5. Watch Dog BBC
                Has anyone given this story to "Watch Dog" BBC ?

Q6. Tax Returns
                Did any of you get Bradbury to complete your tax returns for 2007/08 or 2008/2009 in the past few months ? Have they contacted HMRC on your behalf ?

Q7. Court Case:

Do you know of anyone who has already filed a case against Sunday and Bradbury CO ? If yes, what was the outcome ?

Q8. Complete Tax Returns
                How to get some other accountant to fill the tax return for the period that Bradbury failed to ?

Q9. People behind this

Have you got mobile numbers of any one who works or worked in Bradbury ? I am sure it would help cops to trace the person behind all this if we chose to go to the cops.

Q11. Suggestions ?
                Any other suggestions that would help all of us ?

I know it's too many questions to answer but it would be of great help if you guys could answer these questions. Would appreciate if you'll take sometime to answer the questions above.

<mod note>PM use enabled on this account</mod note>

Comment

I was a partner with Sunday solutions from Aug 08 to March 09. After several failed attempts via phone to contact Bradbury for my 2008/09 tax returns, I requested my current payroll agency Von Essen to chase them. Last week i was informed that bradbury is still in the process of finalising my partnership accounts and they will only be ready in time for the online submission deadline 31st Jan 2010.

I am really worried about my tax money held by bradbury, could anyone help?
                  Last edited by Contractor UK; 11 November 2009, 16:06.

Comment

mail to companies house

The managing partner pre Sept 2007 was 'TSSP LLP', OC316583

They have a proposed strike off at companies house. The way to prevent this is to mail companies house, giving a reason for your objection. I've sent one. Others might like to do the same.

Anyone have a company number for the managing partner after the partnerships were renamed?

Comment

Hi saratbabu07

Looks like you and me are in a very similar boat. I too was with Sunday from Aug 08 until Mar this year. Unlike you, I haven't heard from Bradbury since late Aug when they told me that delivery of the accounts was imminent. However, since Aug, Von Essen and I have emailed weekly for an update but to no avail. When you got your notification last week, was that via Von Essen or were you contacted direct from Bradbury? Now, having lost all confidence in them and without any other alternative, my last correspondence told them I would be seeking legal advice to recover the tax funds they are withholding. I've heard nothing to-date.

Comment

Working...
                      X