• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmrc

I am still waiting on a response from Sunday solutions, but i rang there number today and it has a recorded message on now that says the offices are closed....!!!

I then rang HMRC to discuss my statement of self assessment. This details what was paid, when and what is due for the rest of 07/08 and expected for 08/09

I found out that bradbury paid my 07/08 rax return 2 months late!
    They paid to much, which is a good thing i guess, but then reduced my expected payment next year to 08/09 to less than 25% of 07/08's payment.
    Thats just doesnt add up. I work just as much during 08/09. Something aint right!

We all need to use 1 solicitor. Anyone got a good 1 they have used against sunday and bradbury?

Comment

Hi there,

Good old google brought me here from a search of "sunday problems". This is my experience with them.

I did 2 weeks work through the Sunday solution in 2008 and although there were mistakes with my tax return it was resolved by Bradbury finally a couple of months back.

Prior to this, Bradbury informed me that they had an over retention due to me and for the last few months I've been trying to get this returned. After many emails to various people from Bradbury, they informed me this was not their responsibility but that of Sundays.

During my attempts to resolve this, I referred back to a cold call and follow up mail from Vonessen Consulting. I recalled he said that they had taken on some of the Sunday business. I tried to contact him with no joy.

After further calls and emails which bounced, I spoke to two people from Sunday; who assured me this was going to be dealt with. Nothing ever happened and now the Sunday website appears to be offline!

Tried to contact Bradbury and just get voice mail which is full so I'm unable to leave a message. So does anyone have any ideas what's going on? Or perhaps a way forward?
      Last edited by BlackIce; 13 August 2009, 16:20. Reason: Typo

Comment

Hi,

We have setup a group to tackle the issue of Sunday Solutions/Bradbury etc and are considering group legal action. Currently there is about 15 of us and the more people we can get involved the better. To aid this we have setup a private wiki, and we are vetting any people who want to join us to make sure everybody is who they say they are.

If you want to get involved then drop a mail over to [email protected] with some info about yourself and explaining the situation you are in.

The info other people have sent is as follows:

· Contact details - please include skype as this is a good method to allow other to talk as a group and is free
        · What Partnership you were in.
        · Something to confirm the link to the partnership /Sunday - Some have sent a copy of the partnership contract
        · Something outside of Sunday/the partnership - some have sent a CV but a little about yourself and what you do will be enough.
        · Any online presence if applicable - some have websites etc.

Cheers,

Dan

Comment

Hi all,

I'm still waiting to hear exactly what the state of play is regarding my tax and student loan liability - I will of course keep you posted but this is deeply disturbing and the effects of which have far wider implications for me personally.

Would be grateful if the Administrator could add PM please

<admin note>PM use enabled!</admin note>

Comment

Hi, found this thread through Google and have emailed to the yahoo address.

I do not appear to be in as deep as some people. Bradbury paid part of my tax liability for 2007-2996, but they have about £2000 of my money still owed to me.

May I have PM privileges please in case I need to be contacted here.?

TIA

Comment

Sunday/ Bradbury

Hi my partner is in the same situation and having only recently been notified of the problems people are experiencing with Bradbury, I did a bit of digging around myself and have hit similar brick walls as others on this forum. My partner spoke with HMRC today and was told the bad news that Bradbury hadn't filed any tax forms on his behalf during all the 9 months he was with them (thankfully fate made him decide to change accountants several months ago when he became a Ltd Co.) and so could be liable to pay a large sum of money. I am in contact with others who have set up a group to try to obtain the money and wonder if you could join (if you are not already) this group as HMRC did suggest the more people to contact them about Bradbury, the more seriously they will take the complaint and deal with us as a whole, rather than individuals, if they deem there is a legitimate case to answer. I have just found the original Partnership Agreement (ours' was with Macpherson Mccabe) and it lists several other contractors with whom my partner was supposedly in partnership with. We would like to find out if these 7 other people are in the same boat and need a secure way of discussing matters further. Regarding the Schedule 2 I cannot see anything that relates to that so far.

Can I have PM privileges please. Thanks
              Last edited by Stainton; 18 August 2009, 13:54. Reason: Need PM privileges

Comment

Hi All. I used to be with Sunday Solutions as well, now I am with Von Essen. I would like to ask you, if it would make sense for me to join the group if I only was with them since May 2008 and my self assesment should reach HMRC only in October 2009 (or Jan 2010 in case they submit that online) and then payments of 2008/2009 tax should be made till up to 2010 July, I think. So there is nothing I can file against Bradbury yet... What would you suggest me to do, please?
                Thank you! Peter.

Comment

Citizens advice

I contacted citizens advice last week. They think this could be a case of fraud. The recommend i contact the police and create a case with them. Once i have done this they recommend i go back and see citizens advice to see where to go from here.
                  I am currently looking through my paperwork to find my partnership details

Comment

Sunday Brabury

I too am tied up in this mess

Note to Admin please could i get PM right so i can join the action group - i am a bit lost about what to do.

I phoned the Tramshed front desk to ask about Brabury but the receptionist informed me that they moved out 2 month ago.

I spoke with Bradbury yesyerday an was told all is well and there are still operating out of the Tramshed address - very worrying.

regards

Don_G

<admin note>PM use enabled<admin note>

Comment

Small update

OMG!!!
                      Based on the last message I called Bradbury today. Afterweeks of hearing the answer message a female answered! At least they've not turned the phones off completely.

I asked to speak to someone in particular, she mentioned she didn't know that person and it could be as they have two offices and that I had got through to the "overflow office." HMM.

In addition I was told I could not talk to the accountants today as they are rather busy (doing what exactly?) and she'll get one of them to call me back.

Just thought i'd give you an update, however small it is. Should I receive a call back (I won't hold my breath) I will let you know how I get on.

I really hope something is getting sorted out!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X