• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Procorre - letters advising allocation of profits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattjc72 View Post

I have just received a similar letter - I worked through procorre for 15 weeks in 2014 and now have a tax demand for twice what I earned in that time!! I dont understand how they calculate 1 - the loan amount, 2, the additional revised 'pay from all employments' in 18/19 figure. I would have thought that would be the same as the loan amount but it is 25% more? totally confusing & after speaking to the guy at the end of the phone at HMRC, im still none the wiser. Does anyone have a clue how this works?
    They added the Loan to your 2018/19 income and taxed that at PAYE rates.
    The figures are guesstimates and designed to cause panic so you'll take action.

You need to appeal within 30 days - Speak to a professional tax advisor

You will ultimately need to be able to prove how much you actually received in those 15 weeks to demonstrate your correct liability.

Comment

Working...
    X