• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scheme enquiries and GDPR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I would think that HMRC scheme enquiries are into the individual, not the Ltd.
    Agree strongly. Everyone suckered in by the scheme did so instead of using a limited?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      Agree strongly. Everyone suckered in by the scheme did so instead of using a limited?
      And it is clearly the individual who is on the hook for taxes, interest etc.

Comment

Excellent idea!

A while ago I raised a SAR(Subject Access Request - not Self Assessment Return) with HMRC via their web site. It was ignored and there was no way of escalating. It has now gone to the ICO.

I did find how to get my data details another way.

I know a GDPR expert and we are both going to request details from HMRC next week. I will post back with what I did.

I am told(by the expert) that HMRC have fewer loopholes after tomorrow.
        If you told HMRC and your bank you wanted all your records older than 6 years deleted under GDPR - That would have to be a fly in the ointment for HMRC right?

Comment

Originally posted by foobar View Post
          If you told HMRC and your bank you wanted all your records older than 6 years deleted under GDPR - That would have to be a fly in the ointment for HMRC right?
          Regrettably not.

Comment

No. It would not help as there is an open investigation. Most scheme providers are gone now - those who are still around are obliged to keep details of any open loans.

If everyone asks HMRC what data they hold on us it will cause them alot of distraction. It will slow them down. And you might even find something useful in the information they send.

It will help to level the playing field just a little. Its an excellent suggestion. Sadly I think few will do it - those who say the scheme users are getting what they deserved will be proved right. If people believe they are not entirely to blame then they should fight.

Comment

No. It would not help as there is an open investigation. Most scheme providers are gone now - those who are still around are obliged to keep details of any open loans.

If everyone asks HMRC what data they hold on us it will cause them alot of distraction. It will slow them down. And you might even find something useful in the information they send.

It will help to level the playing field just a little. Its an excellent suggestion. Sadly I think few will do it - those who say the scheme users are getting what they deserved will be proved right. If people believe they are not entirely to blame then they should fight.
              Personally, I don't have much sympathy for the scheme users (don't want to explore that further here), but I do believe everyone is entitled to make the best case they can, whatever their situation. Do HMRC keep case files? I would definitely want to see these and the content of any relevant emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Personally, I don't have much sympathy for the scheme users (don't want to explore that further here), but I do believe everyone is entitled to make the best case they can, whatever their situation. Do HMRC keep case files? I would definitely want to see these and the content of any relevant emails.
                Is your signature ironic?

Comment

Originally posted by foobar View Post
                  You may find that some Banks don't have records - mine certainly don't for the several months I was in a scheme. The Agency doesn't have records, I've lived in a few different countries since then and don't have records that far back.
                  HMRC don't have records either (apparently).
                  Yet I fall under the 2019 loan charge.

Under the terms of CLSO2 I can make a 'voluntary' payment. How much?
                  Given the kafkaesque nightmare - I just joined BG.

I hope they're more organised when they come for IR35.

Comment

I have had 2 parcels in the last few days each an inch thick of A4 paper. And another parcel waiting to be collected.

I know this is only one of the things we should all be doing. Filling in petitions, joining LCAG, visiting your MP are all important too.

Comment

Working...
                    X