• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Change.org

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change.org

Hi guys,

I am not articulate enough, but should somebody start a petition on change.org to make the public aware of the finance act 2014 with our damn APNs!
    Last edited by philinlondon; 10 August 2015, 08:19.

Why don't u start one? Sorry to say but all contractors want others to take lead. If you have idea work on and make it a success.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
      Why don't u start one? Sorry to say but all contractors want others to take lead. If you have idea work on and make it a success.
      Sure,but I figured there are a few "groups" already it might be better to have a unified message then me setting something up on the side as well, just giving some courtesy for the other organisers who already have something established,etc.

I am not passing the buck, more than happy to help. If no one replies I will set one up mid this week.

Comment

Originally posted by philinlondon View Post
        Sure,but I figured there are a few "groups" already it might be better to have a unified message then me setting something up on the side as well, just giving some courtesy for the other organisers who already have something established,etc.

I am not passing the buck, more than happy to help. If no one replies I will set one up mid this week.
        Hi all, just started a petition, pls vote. Also pls PM me if you like me to edit any contents or facts

https://www.change.org/p/taxation-di...mps-are-immune

Comment

Only 16 until now. Contractors don't want to help themselves for some reason

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
            Only 16 until now. Contractors don't want to help themselves for some reason
            Contractors insist on individualism, even when it goes against logic, their own interests, and self-conservation instinct.

Needless to say, it will be their demise.
            Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Or maybe...

...contractors are cynical about the power of an online petition.

Anyway, I've signed up.

With regards the text - is it worth pointing out that the Govt & HMRC are in a many-year process of spending millions of pounds of tax payers' money causing real distress to their favourite 'hard working families' in order to recover a target which is roughly comparable to the amount the chancellor just gifted, in one fell swoop, his city mates by allowing them to buy bank shares back at a knock-down price??

It certainly p!sses me off!

Comment

There is an ongoing pattern (in many areas) it seems with contractors over this debacle.

"Distinct lack of motivation to stand up and fight TOGETHER"

No wonder the S**t and retrospective legislation the Government keep spewing out gets past unchallenged !!!

STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Thanks for the support so far!

ALL pls bear in mind your name is NOT ON the petition so pls sign up! We like to address this topic to the public!

Comment

Can you explain why MPs are immune from APN legislation?

PS. There was this before:

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitio...-retrospective

Comment

Working...
                    X