• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunny side up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kmpm View Post
    Had apn warning letter but no discovery or open enquiry. Tax year 10/11. challenged hmrc and they phoned today and will write to confirm they will not issue apn and that 10/11 tax year I'd closed on 4 year rule. Great relief.
    How did you challenge them ?

Comment

Simple letter stating that I had no correspondence from HMRC regarding a discovery or open enquiry. I asked them to provide evidence of either.

Comment

Simple letter stating that I had no correspondence from HMRC regarding a discovery or open enquiry. I asked them to provide evidence of either.
        Do you mind sharing the letter or PM me the letter pls? I am in the same circumstances.

Comment

Happy to do that. Will do later today. How do I pm u?

Comment

Hi Phil. I am abroad for next few weeks and even though I have my laptop, can't find the letter. Have hard copy at home. The letter I sent was not via an advisor but just my own words. As follows I think:

I refer to your letter ref: ?????

This is in respect of an early notice that you will issue me with an APN in respect of tax year 2010/11.

I have had no correspondence from you in respect of a Discovery Or Open Enquiry for that tax year.

Please provide me with any evidence that you have previously notified me of either.

That's it. Very simple. Hope this helps and can get the exact wording from hard copy after 19th Aug.
            Good luck.

Comment

Found it:
              have received your letter dates 8th June 2015 entitled: About the tax avoidance scheme that you have used.
              You advise that I will receive an Accelerated Payment Notice for tax year ending 5th April 2011 and in respect of the below:
              Scheme name: Sanzar Solutions Isle of Man Partnership
              Scheme reference: 90269264
              Tax year ended: 5th April 2011
              I have had no prior notice of this and request that you provide evidence that you have communicated with me regarding an “Open Enquiry” or that you have previously issued a “Discovery Assessment” in respect of the above.
              You are not permitted to issue me an APN without the above.
              Please respond at your earliest as this is causing some stress.
              Yours Sincerely

Comment

Found it:
                have received your letter dates 8th June 2015 entitled: About the tax avoidance scheme that you have used.
                You advise that I will receive an Accelerated Payment Notice for tax year ending 5th April 2011 and in respect of the below:
                I have had no prior notice of this and request that you provide evidence that you have communicated with me regarding an “Open Enquiry” or that you have previously issued a “Discovery Assessment” in respect of the above.
                Yours Sincerely
                Thanks very much in kindly sharing your letter here! Much appreciated!

Comment

Well done!!!

Comment

Thank you MrsB. One down. ....

Comment

Found it:
                      Yours Sincerely
                      I used to be an Edge user and they have sent me a CLSO with 2007/2008 bill included.
                      I've never ever received any discovery or open enquiry letter for that year (ie 2007/2008).
                      Can I challenge for this year beacuse it almost sounds identical as this is now invalid under a 4 year rule.

Comment

Working...
                      X