• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
    Just a question for those who have been here longer than me. Has there been any dialog communication about the issues we all face here with the tax payers alliance.

My understanding is that they stand for a lower tax - simpler system and are often critical of Hmrc and the govt. I'm not certain but I expect there could be some common ground/stance/view?
    The TPA’s mission is to:
    •Change the perception that big government is necessary and irreversible
    •Explain the benefits of a low tax economy
    •Give taxpayers a voice in the corridors of power

We achieve this by releasing pioneering research into taxation and government spending. Our research team uses the Freedom of Information Act to uncover information previously hidden from taxpayers.

I've taken the above from a page from the Taxpayer Alliance website.

In general they seem to focus on how money is spent and how a more efficient HMRC might collect more.

They are generally unsympathetic to those who they see as not paying their fair share. As such they seem to not distinguish between those who use tax planning as a means of wealth management and those who are only judged to have used tax planning in retrospect and who are not using bonuses or windfalls to fund a deliberate and carefully planned strategy.

We did speak with them a while ago and concluded that, worthy as their aims might be, there was little correlation between our objectives.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Big group forum

How do we access this now, there doesn't seem to be link on WTT's website anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by njwilli3 View Post
        How do we access this now, there doesn't seem to be link on WTT's website anymore?

There's an application button at the bottom right of the page, plus one for payment.

All applications are vetted now.

HTH
        ooc
        ooc

Comment

Originally posted by Out Of Cash View Post
          There's an application button at the bottom right of the page, plus one for payment.

All applications are vetted now.

HTH
          ooc
          Thanks but i'm already a member.

I just haven't logged in for a while!

Comment

Originally posted by njwilli3 View Post
            Thanks but i'm already a member.

I just haven't logged in for a while!
            PM me

(No, me neither).

Comment

Password not working

Hi,

I have forgotten my password to the WTT site. username freedomfighter.
              I clicked on the forgot password and got a 404 error - [age not found.
              Please fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxmi View Post
                Hi,

I have forgotten my password to the WTT site. username freedomfighter.
                I clicked on the forgot password and got a 404 error - [age not found.
                Please fix this.
                Try this

WTT Big Group - Lost Account Password
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Joined Big Group or not!

I followed the joining instructions, but the web browser failed after hitting the submit button, so did not transfer to payments page. Have I submitted the joining form or not.

Comment

Originally posted by H3dgeh0g View Post
                    I followed the joining instructions, but the web browser failed after hitting the submit button, so did not transfer to payments page. Have I submitted the joining form or not.
                    Here's not the right place to ask. PM webberg or call WTT
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by H3dgeh0g View Post
                      PM me

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X