• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BIG GROUP

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnthonyB
    replied
    Is there any information on here that can be publicly shared? I understood there were some court cases pencilled in. Have these gone ahead and have they gone well?

I'm wrapped up with Pembroke PAYE and in the middle of submitting a self assessment in the hope that the wider problem starts to clarify itself and I can respond appropriately.

It also appears that HMRC are taking 'pop shots' and I'm not aware of any challenge going through the courts/running it's full course. I'm keen to see what happens then, when HMRC attempt to retrospectively apply a law to levy more tax... Along with how long people get to pay and how much they have to pay etc.

Leave a comment:

• Ark
    replied
    Open to new joiners?

Hi

I was in MTM's scheme in 2008 - 2009 so I have loans from them. HMRC opened an enquiry. Trying to choose between Big Group and an advisor. Not even sure how to decide but I can't afford both.

Is Big Group accepting new joiners right now?

Is MTM's loan scheme part of what Big Group is working on?

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Loan charge review and next steps

Many of you have been in touch with us over the Christmas break. Where possible we have answered your questions.

It is however a fact that many questions cannot be answered until we have seen the promised legislation around, for example, the process for delaying tax returns or the calculation of "normal tax" over "loan charge tax".

We expect that information to be available in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, we are producing explanations and flowcharts of actions that will need to be taken and these will begin appearing next week.

Please continue to ask your questions but be aware that we may not be able to give definitive answers until we see more legislation.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    K2 hyrax and FS Capital

As previously indicated, we held a webinar for those who used the K2/Hyrax arrangements to discuss options flowing from the intervention of FS Capital.

We will be following that up with a personal message to each client in the next day or so. Please look out for this.

The deadlines indicated by FS Capital are relatively short (31st January 2020) and it will be necessary for decisions to be made shortly after Christmas.

Please read the material we send and ask whatever questions you have, sooner rather than later.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    K2 Hyrax FS Capital

If you are in Big Group and used one of the above schemes and/or have heard from FS Capital, a reminder that there is a webinar this afternoon - 5:30pm - which will have news for you.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Please note that there will be a message for all Big Group members regarding the late reporting of the loan charge review, posted later today.

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by AnthonyB View Post
    How can I get in on this group?
    I have messaged you.

Leave a comment:

• AnthonyB
    replied
    How can I get in on this group?

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
    Anyone who does this probably needs to consult a psychiatrist rather than a tax advisor.
    Perhaps, but that is not a message endorsed by Big Group.

Leave a comment:

• stonehenge
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    A loan that is repaid puts money in the hands of the lender.
    Anyone who does this probably needs to consult a psychiatrist rather than a tax advisor.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X