• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kraut of order?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    TBH I think many people think it's just easier to ban them all not particularly because of what they represent, they just don't want the hassle.

We have well known war weekend in our village a bit later in the year and it all kicks off about this at this one as well. No one is particularly upset about what it represents, they just get more worked up arguing about it if that makes sense. Those that aren't bothered get angry at those that say ban it because it causes too much hassle. Very very few people actually say ban it because it is offensive. More like a storm in a teacup than people actually being offensive.

It's very strange. I must admit in my mind if it is going to cause controversy on this scale why bother turning up in German uniform? It just doesn't seem worth it. Pick a different uniform and everyone can get along surely?
    But it was going too far when they beat you up, shaved your head and led you through town for horizontal collaboration with the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      And you've just talked a load of bollocks as you can see by the quotes. Did I say I disliked it? I could equally say that you're a Nazi sympathiser because you're sticking up for them...
      Your assertion that the SS uniform is hurtful to many people is complete bulltulip when Stephen Spielberg, who you would think would have his finger on the pulse with this kind of stuff, is quite happy to make action adventure movies filled with them.

Comment

:nazi:

Should we have a nazi emoticon?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Your assertion that the SS uniform is hurtful to many people is complete bulltulip when Stephen Spielberg, who you would think would have his finger on the pulse with this kind of stuff, is quite happy to make action adventure movies filled with them.
          Nope not hurtful at all to the many people who had family killed during the second world war, not hurtful to the many surviving Jews, nope not hurtful at all.

I also think that many people know that a fictional piece of work on celluloid is just that yet when you see it in real life walking amongst you, then, yes it will be hurtful to many people. Whatever gets your goat I suppose...

Why chose the uniform of the greatest threat to European peace, culture and safety many can remember? We might just wonder what it is that is so very attractive to our fellow man in the UK in continually dressing up as Nazis. Other countries do not indulge in these shenanigans. You do not see other Europeans doing it. It’s not a habit of openly corrupt Russian politicians or even blood soaked African dictators. Why with us, do our folk see such romance in this vile sickness?

Friends of Tory MP:

Royalty:

Liberal Welsh Councillor:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

2 Jews...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Why not go dressed in Italian battle flag? A white sheet.

racist!
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Perhaps they should ban all uniforms.
                A lot of German civilians died at the hands of Allied forces.
                A lot of Japanese died when Allied forces dropped atom bombs on them.
                And a lot of Italians surrendered.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Really? Raiders of the Lost Ark gets regular day time screenings and I don't remember much fuss ever being show about the endless shots of SS uniforms.

These days it is a never ending stream of panty wetting.
                  It's a wonder how 'Allo 'Allo became so popular.

Comment

Welcome to the latest show of the Civil War Reenactment Society and this year we going to give a good show. First a couple of points: those of you performing as Klu Klux Klan members please do not burn the crosses as we have to return them to the props department of the local theater and secondly, no lynchings this year, even if you say the participant was willing. Now...
                    Welcome to the latest show of the Boer War Reenactment Society. Sadly this year we will not be doing the Battle of Blood River as we are unable to find any people to act as Zulus due to the unfortunate incident last year when some members took the word 'blood' too literally. Also there were a number of complaints about some of the vocabulary used about the people playing Zulus. Now...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

My take on this, as a Yellow-Star, is that should people choose to turn up in their Waffen SS uniforms, we should have the right to indulge in the full Inglorious Bastards treatment...
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X