• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

European satellite channels

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    What kind of dish do I need to go with it? How do I set it up?
    You just climb onto the roof with your arm up an Emu's arse and see what happens...

Comment

Italian TV is great, just like ours but with jumblies.

Comment

Actually I was after the German free to air channels. ZDR has films and documentaries etc.
        You probably don't need a satellite dish as nearly everything is available online without a special player:

Startseite - ZDF Mediathek

Startseite der ARD Mediathek mit Videos und Audios zum Abruf

ARTE+7 | ARTE

SAT.1 Mediathek - Video - SAT.1 Sendungen online sehen

Sendung verpasst? Ganze Folgen in der kabel eins Mediathek

and so on....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I think it's safe to assume the content is just plain awful.
          It's largely the same as British TV, but in German, and they have plenty of high quality documentaries, albeit in German as well.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I think it's safe to assume the content is just plain awful. Even today, British TV is amongst the best in the world which just tells you how bad the rest is!

Exceptions would be using it to get free sport presumably.

I found Dutch TV much better
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              You probably don't need a satellite dish as nearly everything is available online without a special player:
              Suity's in Luton remember, an extra satellite dish is a status symbol round there

Comment

I think it's safe to assume that I've never watched it but can make a sweeping generalisation having watched Eurotrash once.
                FTFY

(* commercial channels are pretty crap though, much like UK commercial channels)
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Actually I was after the German free to air channels. ZDR has films and documentaries etc.

Well if it's of any help I get them without a satellite dish.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Well if it's of any help I get them without a satellite dish.
                    How? Where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      How? Where do you live?
                      You'll never guess.
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X