• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ukraine reinstates conscription

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Wasn't he one of the lefties who was cheering on September 11th, not that I'm saying he's biased on anything or that the Guardian would write any anti American bigotry but it looks like typical Guardian racism to me...
    He does seem to have taken sides. It reads like the stuff on English language Russian media.

Comment

I don't think it's possible to get a balanced view from any media outlet. It's a waste of time even looking TBH. All you can do is filter fact from fiction as best you can (not an easy task for the casual onlooker given the dimensions and quality of the propaganda machines at work) and apply a bit of common sense to reach your own conclusions.

Mine is that both the Russians and the EU/USA have been as bad as each other for a number of years when it comes to meddling in Ukrainian affairs. It's a geopolitical hot potato and has been since the disintegration of the USSR. The current bout of meddling looks like ending in civil war and possibly the partition of the country. I don't think it will spread beyond that.
      Last edited by doodab; 2 May 2014, 05:40.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        I don't think it's possible to get a balanced view from any media outlet. It's a waste of time even looking TBH. All you can do is filter fact from fiction as best you can (not an easy task for the casual onlooker given the dimensions and quality of the propaganda machines at work) and apply a bit of common sense to reach your own conclusions.

Mine is that both the Russians and the EU/USA have been as bad as each other for a number of years when it comes to meddling in Ukrainian affairs. It's a geopolitical hot potato and has been since the disintegration of the USSR. The current bout of meddling looks like ending in civil war and possibly the partition of the country. I don't think it will spread beyond that.
        Thank you Doodab. A balanced post, with your thoughts clearly outlined. This I appreciate very much.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Thank you Doodab. A balanced post, with your thoughts clearly outlined. This I appreciate very much.
          Odd that considering up till now you've accused me of suckling on western propoganda even when posting links to the moscow times
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            Odd that considering up till now you've accused me of suckling on western propoganda even when posting links to the moscow times
            And you miss this?
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              And you miss this?
              Hardly

Comment

I keep reading this as constipation.

Comment

Findus to rebrand Chicken Kiev as ‘Chicken Moscow’

Comment

Working...
                  X