• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pep Guardiola

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams and styles come and go.

Inter Milan showed one way to combat tippy-tappy when knocking out Barcelona in 2010, and more teams are now doing it.

Barcelona's captain admitted earlier this season that they would have to adapt and be able to play in different ways.

Comment

To be fair to Guardiola, one of his best friends and former assistant died a few days ago so he may not have been at his best last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        To be fair to Guardiola, one of his best friends and former assistant died a few days ago so he may not have been at his best last night.
        True.

And Bayern's problem wasn't so much style of play, more crap defending on the night.

Someone also pointed out that because they won their league a month ago, they've lost their edge by playing non-vital games.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          And Bayern's problem wasn't so much style of play, more crap defending on the night
          I'd disagree. They needed to score and they never looked like making it happen. The early goals didn't help but they weren't the whole problem.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Pep has only been managing 5 years and has reached the semi final of the CL for the past 5 years. I don't think he is that bad !

Maybe he needs the mixture of possession and pace as mentioned earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Pep has only been managing 5 years and has reached the semi final of the CL for the past 5 years. I don't think he is that bad !

+1

He signed Zlatan for Barca a few years ago, which was an attempt at having a plan B. It didn't work because Zlatan HAS to be the focal point of any team, and he was never going to be that at Barca. Still I think it shows he's not quite a 1 trick pony.

Still - he has a lot of work to do at Bayern as it does seem like the other top European teams have sussed his plan A.
              If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

He had arguably the best player in the world, and the best midfield in the world at Barca, and then strolled into the Bayern job with a fantastic squad just off the CL win last year.

He's definitely not "bad", but there is certainly an element of good luck in his career so far.

Comment

Going to Man City its been confirmed for the new season
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                  X