• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UKIP/EU/Scottish Independence Free Zone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, you can blame the Peter Griffin troll for this shameless bump

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

One day, my East German aunt (ever a penny pincher) discovered a European brand called Lima (don't recall where they were from) who produced cut priced HO scale model railways based on the rail networks of various European countries. Now, HO scale rolling stock will run on OO scale track but the actual scaling of the models is different. Plus the fact that she would always buy me Yugoslavian locos and an incongruity began to develop which got bigger as each Christmas passed.
      I had a Lima set when I was a young lad in South Africa and always thought they were Italian. If I recall it also had overhead power cables as well...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        I had a Lima set when I was a young lad in South Africa and always thought they were Italian. If I recall it also had overhead power cables as well...
        Did it have fully functional pantograph?

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
          Did it have fully functional pantograph?
          As far as I recall yes, although they weren't automatic meaning you had to raise and lower them by hand. Also had working signals and I see they were taken over by Hornby eventually (and I was correct in assuming they were Italian). I suspect I had one of these sets: Locomotives SAR

Lima (models) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Overview
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            and I was correct in assuming they were Italian
            Well I'll be blowed.

All the Lima stuff I had gifted to me had a very Germanic flavour.

Even the model buildings looked like Swiss chalets with the result that the entrance to Lickey Bank ended up looking like the Grossglockner.

Comment

Working...
            X