• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK Leads growth of G7

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Not really true when considered relative to cost of living and especially accommodation costs. The overall standard of living is pretty good.
    I don't know in which neck of the woods you live, but here in South NL I see hoards of EU immigrants fleeing Germany because of poor wages. Most of jobs offered are so called "minijobs" for €400 a month.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
      I don't know in which neck of the woods you live, but here in South NL I see hoards of EU immigrants fleeing Germany because of poor wages. Most of jobs offered are so called "minijobs" for €400 a month.
      I lived in Munich. I think if you're looking at low skilled people & jobs you're going to distort the picture a bit. Wages for those sort of jobs are low across the EU because there is a surfeit of people who can do them relative to the number of jobs. It's the same argument we have here about poverty wages.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I lived in Munich. I think if you're looking at low skilled people & jobs you're going to distort the picture a bit.
        Well, no. This is the bulk of the population today and you have to see things from outside your contractor's bubble.
        Wages for those sort of jobs are low across the EU because there is a surfeit of people who can do them relative to the number of jobs. It's the same argument we have here about poverty wages.
        I don't buy into this sort of reasoning. It might have not affected you, but 6 years of credit crunch have made many people's skills irrelevant because no company is going to invest in an experienced worker anymore. It's much easier to speculate on fiat money than investing in productivity, if you have the money, and if you don't have the money you go bust.

What you call low skilled were very skilled 10 years ago, but the perspective has changed.
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Are you kidding me? Wages in Germany are crap.
          Is that personal experience talking?

There's not a chance I could earn in the UK what I earn here.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Is that personal experience talking?

There's not a chance I could earn in the UK what I earn here.
            It's not always about you you you.

Comment

It might have not affected you, but 6 years of credit crunch have made many people's skills irrelevant because no company is going to invest in an experienced worker anymore.
              I think you mean no foreign owned UK based company is investing in skills. Because they can easily move elsewhere to the next low skilled population. In Germany experience matters in this country like it does no other. You might be trying to put blanket your opinion of the way things are in the UK across the EU, but the reality is far difference. Skills matter, experience matters, longterm decision making and quality is the result. Those without skills are sent back home, and Germany is not afraid to do so unlike the UK trying to house all the world's immigrants.

The credit crunch is still to hit Munich as far as I'm concerned.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It's not always about you you you.
                Well what else can it be about?

Comment

I think you mean no foreign owned UK based company is investing in skills. Because they can easily move elsewhere to the next low skilled population. In Germany experience matters in this country like it does no other. You might be trying to put blanket your opinion of the way things are in the UK across the EU, but the reality is far difference. Skills matter, experience matters, longterm decision making and quality is the result.
                  Blah, blah, blah, stereotypes...
                  Those without skills are sent back home
                  Does this include those without people skills? Have you been sent back home? And by the way, what is your home? The United Kingdom?

Comment

Blah, blah, blah, stereotypes...

Does this include those without people skills? Have you been sent back home? And by the way, what is your home? The United Kingdom?
                    This is Germany how many people skills do you think are required here. Say, are you putting on weight?

Alba is my home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is Germany how many people skills do you think are required here.
                      Being able to communicate with the locals in their native language and relate with them is a definite skill. Don't underestimate that.

If you say that wages in Germany for the common man are higher than elsewhere, that means you are either deluded or you live in your own bubble or you can't or won't speak the language and you only speak with some other expats.

You wouldn't be the only one. There are some people in London who genuinely think the economy is growing.

Comment

Working...
                      X