• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Graduates with degrees in computer science had the highest unemployment rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaribbeanPirate
    Donations / loans to party funds?
    Exactly, make IT costs cheap for big business and Labour get a pay off, not just money but public support by business to help create a media myth that Labour is the party of big business as well as the man in the street.

Thats as long as that man in the street isn't the owner of a small business, self employed, or a higher rate tax payer who doesn't have a mechanism like Sir Phillip Green, Bono or Mick Jagger for avoiding tax.

Anyway, the work permit conspiracy doesn't tally with Blairs ideal of having 100% of our youngsters degree-qualified - what exactly does Blair think they will all do for a living? They can't all get jobs as interns at the Whitehouse, the best they can hope for is to become restaurant managers, and perhaps star in series 20 of Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares.
    If accountancy and legal work starts getting outsourced on any scale we'll be left with a nation of sociology students in 10 years time trying to work out where it all went wrong. We're all doomed.

Comment

All well and good, but have you seen the content of these "Computer Science" courses? Next time you meet one ask them what they think of Dr. Knuths work, and don't be surprised by the blank look. It's an absolute disgrace that universities are allowed to give such wastes of time degree status.

threaded in "of tunbridge wells" mode
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        All well and good, but have you seen the content of these "Computer Science" courses? Next time you meet one ask them what they think of Dr. Knuths work, and don't be surprised by the blank look. It's an absolute disgrace that universities are allowed to give such wastes of time degree status.

threaded in "of tunbridge wells" mode
        Threaded is correct. I've yet to meet a comp science grad who I would trust with a toaster, let alone a corporate network. No wonder the Indians are winning...
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mordy has a dislike of university grads having never been.

School of Hard Knocks and University of Life our Mordy is.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
            Next time you meet one ask them what they think of Dr. Knuths work,
            I find Dr Knuth's book is invaluable, either as a door stop or as a monitor stand. What's it about?

And my toaster is broken.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
              Mordy has a dislike of university grads having never been.

School of Hard Knocks and University of Life our Mordy is.
              The mates of mine who went spent 3 years drinking cheap beer, shagging easy women and had a ready supply of class A's.
              I doubt any of them actually learnt anything useful in 3 years, except they can all roll far better joints than me.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The indians and chinese have two goverments working on their behalf - ours and theirs. They are taught how to market themselves, their industry bodies lobby the various foreign governments, and the myth is created that they are superior to local talent.

We have two governments working against us - ours and theirs.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
                X