• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there a section here for recommending upskilling courses?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    I was at a nuclear station y2k time, all was tested nothing failed. Except end of feb on site swipe in system got it wrong due to some vba bug and we didn't know who was or wasn't onsite.

Minor stink...
    I was working for CTU at the time and Chloe O'Brien said the government had been compromised and you couldn't trust anyone except Jack....

Comment

Have you applied for gigs at any Investment Banks? If so did you get any feedback? When hiring contractors whilst at JPM I was concerned about experience only gained from small outfits, large retail banks/insurance should open a few doors.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        I was at a nuclear station y2k time, all was tested nothing failed. Except end of feb on site swipe in system got it wrong due to some vba bug and we didn't know who was or wasn't onsite.

Minor stink...
        Why does using VBA to control swipe systems at a nuclear facility fill me with dread

Comment

Was 2000! Windows 3.1 with coded win.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Adecco View Post
            Is there any good course i could do that might provide me with the gateway into investment banking?

Some IT cross over - or ideally if there was one that was specific to testing?

Basically a recognized course that gets me up to speed with all the investment lingo such as derivatives, trade lifecycle etc.
            TRY CFA
            If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by Adecco View Post
              I would like to get into investment banking - but its a bit of a closed shop unless you have experience in investment banking.
              Saying that - i don't think i'm too far away given that most of my experience is in financials.

Is there any good course i could do that might provide me with the gateway into investment banking?

Investment Banking For Dummies(R): Amazon.co.uk: Matthew Krantz, Robert R. Johnson: Books

Comment

Working...
              X