• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would you go to a gay wedding?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From midnight tonight, gay couples can marry.

Apparently 1 in 5 Britons would turn down an invitation to a gay wedding if they got one

BBC News - Gay weddings: 'Fifth of Britons would turn down invitation'

I'm speculating that most of those would be unlikely to be invited in the first place.

I will go to any wedding as long as there is lots of alcohol.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I went to the first civil partnership at the Brighton Pavilion and have been to a few more since. No doubt the buggers will want a full marriage now, so I suppose I'll be buying another toaster.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Apparently 1 in 5 Britons would turn down an invitation to a gay wedding if they got one

I'm speculating that most of those would be unlikely to be invited in the first place.

I wonder what proportion of those would turn down an invitation to any wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I went to the first civil partnership at the Brighton Pavilion and have been to a few more since. No doubt the buggerers will want a full marriage now, so I suppose I'll be buying another toaster.
          FTFY

Regarding the original question, of course I would, I can't believe more than a couple of percent wouldn't.
          Last edited by BigRed; 28 March 2014, 23:13.

Comment

I went to one but at the point where they asked if anyone knew any reason why they couldn't be married I had to stop myself heckling "they're both men" for a laugh. I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

I've been to a civil partnership ceremony and I'd go to a gay wedding.

I'm not against the legislation but why on earth the Tories trumpeted it so much is beyond me when even the majority of the gay community weren't exactly clamouring for it.

My only reservation about the law is that at some point somebody is going to challenge the church for discrimination by not conducting gay ceremonies. I'm not exactly religious but I know a lot of people are uncomfortable about homosexuality because of their religious convictions. Forcing the church to conduct these events I think will be mean spirited but I'm sure there's some nasty little common purpose brainwashed Stalinist rubbing his hands together at the prospect of a bit more subversion for the cause.

Comment

Well I'm no fan of it, obviously, but if yeah I'd go without a second thought, I am a bit homophobic I know, but at the end of the day, my issues are my issues, I'll deal with them in my own good time, other than that, yeah, why not, I'll go!

Comment

Of course I would!
                  "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Yes. Why not? All humans are equal.

one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X