• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How many Indians?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've got a couple of goldfish working away in a bowl in my home office which is where i work on a friday. one is black and one is white. the black one is always chasing the white one one. i don't know if it's a lover or a fighter.

in the current client office there are saffers, yanks, indians, paddies, paddys, haggis, leeks and potatoes. - it takes all sorts.

Comment

Huge change from the comments that were made here before 2013
      at work
      Last edited by mos; 28 March 2014, 10:55.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        They're from the Forrest of Dean then?
        The Fens.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
          Huge change from the comments that were made here before 2013

UKIP at work ...
          WTF does UKIP have to do with Indian habits, Mr Irrelevant?

In any case, based on past posts, some of the comments here are by fully committed Europhiliacs
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            we have a 'no hot food at desk rule' mainly because of curries and the lingering odour. Though I suspect a bit of H&S is in there as well.
            Hang on - don't you work from home?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

In any case, based on past posts, some of the comments here are by fully committed Europhiliacs
              Is anyone a EUrophile apart form Mich?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Hang on - don't you work from home?
                He doesn't "work" anywhere.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  He doesn't "work" anywhere.
                  That's not strictly true.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I meant posts praising abilities and contributions of Common Wealth immigrants. I have always considered criticism of kitchen/toilet habits needlessly vicious. It only diverts attention from real issues.
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                      I meant posts praising abilities and contributions of Common Wealth immigrants. I have always considered criticism of kitchen/toilet habits needlessly vicious. It only diverts attention from real issues.
                      The temporary bad habits of current Indian immigrants notwithstanding, the contributions of previous generations of commonwealth immigrants has been, in my view, extremely positive. The early generation did the manual labour in the London underground for example, changed the shopping and eating habits of Britain for the better, started businesses, while their educated children now are doctors and lawyers.
                      The Ugandan Asian immigrants in particular, rival the Jews in economic success.

What is your point?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X