• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy contractor schemes, undercutting and competition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Yes, I wouldn't expect scooterscot to understand basic economics, seeing as he can't even manage to expense a hotel stay.
    I'd like to think an hourly rate of €120 p/h would cover my hotel expenses.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

As an ex-boss memorably told me when I was on 14k/year - you have to bear in mind Luke, that you are grossly overpaid currently....
      Thanks for that motivational talk thinks I, frantically 'faxing' (ask someone old) my CV to every agent in 'Freelance Informer' (ask someone old).
      Scored a contract paying 35k 2 weeks later, bye and thanks for all the fish.
      Point is - most of us are on a good number, try earning anything like this outside IT with the actual requirements of the jobs.
      So yes, some people will pitch on rate and we are up against offshore etc for some commodity skills, make sure you are adding value and quality to make up the difference or you are toast.
      GLA

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        I'd like to think an hourly rate of €120 p/h would cover my hotel expenses.
        Utter bollocky lies. The higher the rate the more likely you are to get expenses, since you are seen as value-added expert.

The fact is you were summoned to fix a cock-up you made and had to pay out of your own pocket.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Utter bollocky lies.
          Well I rounded it up, €114 p/h for one recent client.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X