• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World is going mad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only started to use steam last month to play my mates at age of empires online and the game does not work on one persons PC with steam despite it working on a PC of his 15 years ago with a disk.

Other than that there are a lot of very decent free games on steam.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I only started to use steam last month to play my mates at age of empires online and the game does not work on one persons PC with steam despite it working on a PC of his 15 years ago with a disk.

Other than that there are a lot of very decent free games on steam.

As age of empires online didn't exist 15 years ago, that is very suspicious
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        Age of Empires II and III (Complete Edition) is in the Steam store but not sure when the first one came out.

We use Steam for L4d2 and Dino Horde for private multiplay. When it's working it's great: quick buy and downloads for new games, instant group invite etc But when it goes wrong, oh boy, it's a mare. One of my gaming compadres is constantly having game file corruption and Steam deciding to go in offline mode.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          We played it networked in our flat but I am pretty sure you could take it online through the MSDN gaming network around 2000, maybe before.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            It now wants to spend 2 hours downloading the game.

What was the ******* point of driving to the ******* shop then? What is actually on the disc?
            I had this a few years ago. There is a way to force it to install from disc if you want.

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...5357-FSQM-0382

Comment

Working...
            X