• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New pension raid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'll be voting Conservative at the next Election.

They may be crap but Labour are crapper.
    They are both identically crap. I would love to see a 3rd party challenge their duopoly. Shame there is no viable alternative(queue KentPhilip...)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      What a numpty - the whole point of "giving" taf relief to those people is to trick them into putting money into this giant ponzi scheme known as pensions. The treasury was not losing anything with this "tax relief" because they were getting much needed money right now with future opportunity to raid those pension funds.
      Could you explain to me how the money I choose to put into my pension goes to the government now?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        That might be true, but who should I have more confidence in?
        Me?

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
          Could you explain to me how the money I choose to put into my pension goes to the government now?

Your pension??!?!

Your money you put into pension (which may or may not be yours in the future) is used to pay up previous investors into Ponzi scheme. Even if you use your money to buy shares that helps them because pension funds are heavily influenced by stock market levels - if they fall then extra payments will need to be paid and they are so huge that could bankrupt companies behind many of those funds.

So, essentially the Govt's primary motivation in giving a "tax relief" is to maintain payments into the ponzi scheme because otherwise it can collapse now rather than in the future (which will be somebody elses problem).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Me?

Comment

That might be true, but who should I have more confidence in?

In my lifetime the Labour party have never shown they can manage the budget without increasing the deficit, or that they are even have a viable plan to reduce today's deficit.

The Coalition are at least trying to reduce today's deficit and, even though it is slower than they thought, with some success.

As things stand, to me it is a simple choice. I don't want the Labour party back in control of the country's finances.
              Your view seems coloured by a party loyalty rather than a detached view.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              They are both identically crap. I would love to see a 3rd party challenge their duopoly. Shame there is no viable alternative(queue [sic] KentPhilip...)
              Agreed they are identically crap, albeit in slightly different ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Your view seems coloured by a party loyalty rather than a detached view.
                Tell us why you think this.

Comment

People earning more than £150,000 would get only 20 per cent tax relief on pension contributions, instead of the 45 per cent they receive now
                  In other words almost no one will be affected by this. And anyone who is will likely avoid it.

Its the same way as the Tories kick up a fuss about immigration and do nothing really about it. The Labour Party screams soak the rich but won't actually change anything.

The Labour Party had almost identical tax and spend plans for 2010 - 2015.

The Labour Party will have almost identical tax and spend plans as the Coalition for 2015 - 2020.

My turn. Your turn. My turn. Your turn.

It doesn't matter who you vote for. The same old faces with the same old policies and the same old shambles rolls along.

Comment

Tell us why you think this.
                    As other people on here have alluded to, anyone who thinks one or other of the two main parties has a monopoly on anything is deluded.

They regularly swap policies whilst pretending to have some "core values" they stand for which are nothing of the sort.

People seem to fall for it.

There are myriad examples of Conservative (and Labour) economic imcompetance.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                      As other people on here have alluded to, anyone who thinks one or other of the two main parties has a monopoly on anything is deluded.

They regularly swap policies whilst pretending to have some "core values" they stand for which are nothing of the sort.

People seem to fall for it.

There are myriad examples of Conservative (and Labour) economic imcompetance.
                      Instead of the usual emotional rhetoric, can you show me why my post was inaccurate? That is:

When have the Labour party left office without a large and growing deficit?

Have the Labour party got alternative viable plans for reducing the current deficit, remembering that they have opposed most of what the Coalition is doing about it?

Are the Coalition not in fact reducing the deficit?

Comment

Working...
                      X